• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

What type of sparrow is this? (1 Viewer)

Raegan

Canada
Hi, I just joined this forum and was wondering if anyone could help me identify this sparrow. He was hanging out underneath my feeder in the garden and I managed to take a few (low quality) pictures of him. I'm thinking maybe a Lincoln's Sparrow? I live near Edmonton, Alberta. He's got thin streaking and a central spot over a buffy-yellow wash, a brown crown and eyeline, and a buffy malar stripe with a white throat. He's lighter and less chocolate-brown than a song sparrow with finer streaking. Let me know what you think.

View attachment 1384178

Kits

Picture Picker
Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Hopefully someone will be able to help.

Lisa W

Staff member
Supporter
Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I can’t get your attachment to show. You might try reposting in the bird identification forum:

Please include the location in the thread title, this way folks who know the birds in your area are more apt to respond.

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi Sankay and a warm welcome from me too.

I agree with Lisa, try and upload an image directly to the ID forum. If you need any help with this, please don't be afraid to ask.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Hi there and a warm welcome to you . (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Users who are viewing this thread