• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

What's this bird? (1 Viewer)

emacian

Hi all! I'm translating a documentary film and there are several bird names that I need to translate. There is this particular bird that they call "tully" and I haven't been able to find it in any bird database that I know. I guess it's how locals call it, however, I haven't been able to find any result about this either. Unfortunately, there is no picture or description of the bird either, the only thing they say is that you usually see them on the ground, but here (Central Park) there's not much ground for them.

I know I'm not giving any information at all, but that's all I have. Could anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!

Andy Adcock

England
Hi all! I'm translating a documentary film and there are several bird names that I need to translate. There is this particular bird that they call "tully" and I haven't been able to find it in any bird database that I know. I guess it's how locals call it, however, I haven't been able to find any result about this either. Unfortunately, there is no picture or description of the bird either, the only thing they say is that you usually see them on the ground, but here (Central Park) there's not much ground for them.

I know I'm not giving any information at all, but that's all I have. Could anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!

You're not being very clear, what language are you translating to / from and what people call this bird 'Tully', is it an American nickname?

PYRTLE

Old Berkshire Boy
And the Central Park is in New York, rather than somewhere in Barcelona I guess. Why not try the American Birding Association whilst waiting here for an answer.

PYRTLE

Old Berkshire Boy
Addendum

I've seen a BF member named as Tully - the avatar underneath is a Goldfinch. Wild guess but you never know.

P

Users who are viewing this thread