• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Where is Leica going? (1 Viewer)

CHenry

Coming to the question with started this topic, have a look at vectronix.com and its binoculars. Part of the Leica group, its product features looks almost sci-fi.

Vectronics describe themselves as a spin-off of Wild-Heerbrugg and Leica Geosystems. They aren't part of Leica Camera.

Fernando np

Sorry,
Overwhelmed and confused for the complex structure underlying the Leica brand. When I was young, in the military service, I used to work with WILD, including the first laser rangefinders. With a maximum range of only one kilometer and the prize of a luxury car, they looked the last word in topography. Later the gonios and relatives were rebranded as Leica. When the Leica Geovids becames the standar of excellence in its field, I supossed their RF technology had come from WILD.

Surveyor

The more I understand, the more I understand why I
I used to work with WILD, including the first laser rangefinders. With a maximum range of only one kilometer and the prize of a luxury car, they looked the last word in topography

Sounds familiar Fernando. My first Wild was the T2 with the DI3 Distomat also. Early 70's. Still using the Wild/Leica Geosystems stuff. Tried a couple of Leitz instruments in the 80's but not up to the Wild equipment of that vintage.

Best,
Ron

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread