• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where to find open-source sounds of birds (especially New Guinea)? (1 Viewer)

jurek

Hi,
I was asked to make a series of online presentations about birds, including about New Guinea. I am not paid for this. I thought of including bird recordings: likes of birds of paradise, cassowary etc. However, xeno-canto and ebird have licences which make them practically useless.

How do you include full credits and links of 10 people in a 30 minutes online recording in a way which is not awkward and not disrupting to the viewer?

Is there a source of really open source bird sounds?

Presumably the online presentation is hosted somewhere. Put the credit details in the description or provide a link to a pdf or Google Doc containing the required credit information.

If this is a slideshow include references on the last slides (however many are needed) with only the name of the main recorder (or the XC#) on the slide where you use the recording.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back