• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which 10x binoculars to pair up my SLC 8x42? (1 Viewer)

Hi Thotmosis,

I think I was thrown off by your statement that the Habicht is "the only binocular that my wife can see through with two eyes instead of one". Eyes set too close together to reach a binocular's minimum IPD setting would cause that (as would eyes set too far apart for the maximum IPD setting).

Frankly I can't think of anything else about the 10x40 Habicht that would make it easier to look through compared to your other binoculars, except maybe the very small exit pupil 10x25 and the old 10x50 if it has developed collimation issues.

Henry
Hi Henri,

To make it more interesting: in the two Swift Audubon's I have (10x50 FMC and 8.5x44 MC) my wife sees CA and I never see CA in any of my binoculars.

I also don't have a clue about her preference for the Habicht but I guess face anatomy makes the difference here. Also my brother and the friend I wrote about in my previous post prefer Porro binoculars. Today I let my 65 year old neighbors try my binoculars: one got dizzy from all the Porro's and preferred the Duovid and the other liked the UV 8x32 more. So.....? Also they were very surprised that Swarovski makes binoculars....that was really funny:ROFLMAO:. Some people really don't have a clue even that there is a focuser on a binocular and a dioptre.

Before your remark about IPD I never thought about it, so I checked my own IPD and it turned out to be just 58mm (according to the scale on the Habicht). So quite narrow I guess and something to keep in mind when considering another pair. Thanks, never to old to learn!

Cheers,
T.

Last edited:
Today I let my 65 year old neighbors try my binoculars: one got dizzy from all the Porro's and preferred the Duovid and the other liked the UV 8x32 more. So.....? Also they were very surprised that Swarovski makes binoculars....that was really funny . Some people really don't have a clue even that there is a focuser on a binocular and a dioptre.
Hi,

In fact, binoculars are an absolute niche product in real life!
People cannot differentiate between a chewing gum binocular and a 2,000 euro binocular.
Binoculars are therefore bad status symbols ...

Andreas

Here is my update. I really wanted a lightwight pair of binoculars, so I decided that the Habicht 10x40 wasn't in the run anymore. I already had a good and not too heavy bino's for the darker days and at dawn with my SLX 8x42.
I ordered the Swarovski CL Companion 10x30, the Swarovski CL 10x25 and the Zeiss Victory 10x25 for a comparison. I decided to keep one and the clear winner was the 10x30!

CL Companion 10x30
The biggest FOV and the most comfortable to look through. The eyecups fit my eyes and cause no blackouts at all. A very small pair of bino's, but it felt like a proper all-purpose pair. Just put it for my eyes and I have a proper view without blackouts. The focuser is big and smooth.
Just a very comfortable bin. The exit pupil of just 3mm doesn't bother. I really think some people are too "scared" for 3mm or 3,2mm. It works fine during the day, even when its clowdy.

CL 10x25
Very nice pair of pocket bins. But I think the disadvantage of pocket bins is that everything is small. That makes it less comfortable. The eyecups are small, the focuser is small, the exit pupil is small, the FOV is small. The CL 10x25 is easy in the hand and causes nearly no blackouts (the 10x30 was better), but the FOV was a bit too small. A really nice pair of pocket bins, but I think I was looking for lightweight and comfortable at the same time.
The focuser was very smooth though! But the wheel is small.

Victory 10x25
I figured I am more a Swarovski person than a Zeiss person. I prefer the warmer colours through a swarovski. That's why I didn't really like the Conquest 10x32 as well. I think a zeiss is really bright! However, the swarovski colours are more my taste.
The FOV was just a bit smaller than the 10x30. So that was really good for a pocket bin. However, this victory 10x25 causes a lot of blackouts. Now I understand why they are sometimes called "floaters". I couldn't put it against my eyes/eyebrows to get the whole FOV without blackouts. They have to float a bit in front of my eyes. So not comfortable I think. I want to put a bin against my eyes and immediately get a good view, without moving them a bit to get that good view.
The focuser was quite stiff as well.

So the clear winner was the CL Companion 10x30. Really nice lightweight bins and they fit in large pockets as well. The band of the Wild Nature package is rather short. So carrying the bins over your shoulder is not really comfortable (and I do that a lot), so maybe the Urban Nature will suite better if you like that as well. The FOV is not really big, but will work. The EL 10x32 and the NL Pure 10x32 are better considering the FOV (for me the only really advantage of these bins, as I do not see an advantage in flat field). The weight is definitely speaking for the Companion. The eyecups of the companion are quite small, but not uncomfortable. Maybe a bit bigger would be a bit more comfortable, but it was definitely no deal breaker for me.

So a pocket bin is just a bit too tiny for me. The 10x30 is the smallest I could get, concerning lightweight and comfort. I am happy with them! I really wonder in what cases I will prefer my SLC 8x42 and which one will become my main bin. Time will learn. I really think they both cover all my needs and hopefully I will live happily ever after and never long for the NL Pure :).

Regards,
Reinier

I wonder... Is your preference for the SLC 842 like Tobias Menle's, greatest binoculars home. If you're sensitive, to modern flat field binos and prefer, as is he does, old school non flat field optics, maybe the more traditional view of something a like leica Ultravid HD+ is a choice.

Im skeptical of 1032s do to the smaller exit pupil, a subject, I feel a little differently about than many here. I get the draw of 32s in general, but my limited experience with the 3.125 ep of my 825 victory Pockets, suggests thats not optimum if you care about details in low light, wherever or whenever it occurs. If you want 10, you want to see detail. I fear shake and shadows dont combine well. I know there are many here who will disagree with me.
I assumed the same about 10x32, GrampaTom — that it would be frustrating when the light was weak towards the end of the day or early in the morning.

That was till I got a Zeiss 10x32 T*FL from eBay for a fair price for the model and it compared very favourably with my 10x42 SLC (final version). I remember being so pleased with the little Zeiss on the day I picked it up that I thought I would risk spoiling the effect by comparing it with the bigger format SLC. The race wasn't nearly as one-sided as the difference in format had led me to imagine.

It decided for me what I already felt about x32 FL from having the 8x (a black and a green): that both magnifications of the x32 FL model show just how versatile the format is.

So for the OP that would be my recommendation, if he can find one: a 10x32 T*FL. They are pricey but I can see why. (I can't compare with the newer SFs as I have not tried them or seen one in x32.) I thought he might like knowing that the 10 I am recommending holds up well against the 10 version of the x42 SLC he already has.

Tom

Here is my update. I really wanted a lightwight pair of binoculars, so I decided that the Habicht 10x40 wasn't in the run anymore. I already had a good and not too heavy bino's for the darker days and at dawn with my SLX 8x42.
I ordered the Swarovski CL Companion 10x30, the Swarovski CL 10x25 and the Zeiss Victory 10x25 for a comparison. I decided to keep one and the clear winner was the 10x30!

CL Companion 10x30
The biggest FOV and the most comfortable to look through. The eyecups fit my eyes and cause no blackouts at all. A very small pair of bino's, but it felt like a proper all-purpose pair. Just put it for my eyes and I have a proper view without blackouts. The focuser is big and smooth.
Just a very comfortable bin. The exit pupil of just 3mm doesn't bother. I really think some people are too "scared" for 3mm or 3,2mm. It works fine during the day, even when its clowdy.

CL 10x25
Very nice pair of pocket bins. But I think the disadvantage of pocket bins is that everything is small. That makes it less comfortable. The eyecups are small, the focuser is small, the exit pupil is small, the FOV is small. The CL 10x25 is easy in the hand and causes nearly no blackouts (the 10x30 was better), but the FOV was a bit too small. A really nice pair of pocket bins, but I think I was looking for lightweight and comfortable at the same time.

Victory 10x25
I figured I am more a Swarovski person than a Zeiss person. I prefer the warmer colours through a swarovski. That's why I didn't really like the Conquest 10x32 as well. I think a zeiss is really bright! However, the swarovski colours are more my taste.
The FOV was just a bit smaller than the 10x30. So that was really good for a pocket bin. However, this victory 10x25 causes a lot of blackouts. Now I understand why they are sometimes called "floaters". I couldn't put it against my eyes/eyebrows to get the whole FOV without blackouts. They have to float a bit in front of my eyes. So not comfortable I think. I want to put a bin against my eyes and immediately get a good view, without moving them a bit to get that good view.

So the clear winner was the CL Companion 10x30. Really nice lightweight bins and they fit in large pockets as well. The band of the Wild Nature package is rather short. So carrying the bins over your shoulder is not really comfortable (and I do that a lot), so maybe the Urban Nature will suite better if you like that as well. The FOV is not really big, but will work. The EL 10x32 and the NL Pure 10x32 are better considering the FOV (for me the only really advantage of these bins, as I do not see an advantage in flat field). The weight is definitely speaking for the Companion. The eyecups of the companion are quite small, but not uncomfortable. Maybe a bit bigger would be a bit more comfortable, but it was definitely no deal breaker for me.

So a pocket bin is just a bit too tiny for me. The 10x30 is the smallest I could get, concerning lightweight and comfort. I am happy with them! I really wonder in what cases I will prefer my SLC 8x42 and which one will become my main bin. Time will learn. I really think they both cover all my needs and hopefully I will live happily ever after and never long for the NL Pure :).

Regards,
Reinier
I agree with your conclusion. The pocket bins are too tiny for me also, and the Zeiss Victory 8x25 and 10x25 is a "floater" for most people if you don't wear glasses even though they are great compacts and probably the best with the biggest FOV. You are correct in that a lot of people are scared of 3 mm exit pupils when they shouldn't be. The CL is a lot more comfortable to use than the compacts, partly because everything is a little bigger on it, especially the eye cups. The NL 10x32 is one of the best binoculars I have ever had with very easy eye placement, it is very bright in low light and I get very little glare compared to the NL 8x42 I had. I compared the NL 10x32 to my new Noctivid 8x42 the other morning to see if I needed to keep both of them, and I just couldn't get rid of either because both of them are so good. The Noctivid 8x42 is an amazing binocular! It is so SHARP on-axis and on the edges and the colors are so beautiful even the NL pales a little in comparison, but the NL fights back with that enormous FOV and bright, contrasty image.

CL Companion 10x30

CL 10x25

Victory 10x25

Regards,
Reinier

Yes, Reinier, I feel much the same. I bought both the 8x25 and 10x25 Pocket CL and while excellent quality, they were just too small for my liking. I found that the smallest I prefer for any kind of extended use is the Leica Ultravid HD+ 8x32 and 10x32. Superb optics, excellent handling, and quite compact - but not too small. Enjoy your 10x30 CL Companion. Cheers!

Hi Henri,

To make it more interesting: in the two Swift Audubon's I have (10x50 FMC and 8.5x44 MC) my wife sees CA and I never see CA in any of my binoculars.

I also don't have a clue about her preference for the Habicht but I guess face anatomy makes the difference here. Also my brother and the friend I wrote about in my previous post prefer Porro binoculars. Today I let my 65 year old neighbors try my binoculars: one got dizzy from all the Porro's and preferred the Duovid and the other liked the UV 8x32 more. So.....? Also they were very surprised that Swarovski makes binoculars....that was really funny:ROFLMAO:. Some people really don't have a clue even that there is a focuser on a binocular and a dioptre.

Before your remark about IPD I never thought about it, so I checked my own IPD and it turned out to be just 58mm (according to the scale on the Habicht). So quite narrow I guess and something to keep in mind when considering another pair. Thanks, never to old to learn!

Cheers,
T.
Non of my friends knew that Swarovski produce binoculars. When I tell them about the brand they said that they have never heard about that brand. Then they later realized it is the famous brand for jewelry’s.
Hi,

In fact, binoculars are an absolute niche product in real life!
People cannot differentiate between a chewing gum binocular and a 2,000 euro binocular.
Binoculars are therefore bad status symbols ...

Andreas
That is absolutely true. Some of my friends think I am crazy because I spent a considerable amount of money for binoculars, being not a rich person. I was surprised seeing the fewer numbers of subscribers for the famous binoculars review YouTube channel ‘optica exotica’ compared to other channels. As you said very few of us in general public are interested about binoculars.

Back to the topic, I am also interested to have a x10 binoculars as I do not have any. I am also thinking about having a Habitch 10x40, maybe a second hand one. Same time I wonder how NL 10x32 performs with the forehead rest. The normal rule is the shake canceling the magnification advantage of x10 to x8 for detail recognition. Did anyone of you notice the higher stability and comparatively high detail recognition with NL 10x32 in hand compared to other alpha 10x32 such as SF?

Non of my friends knew that Swarovski produce binoculars. When I tell them about the brand they said that they have never heard about that brand. Then they later realized it is the famous brand for jewelry’s.

That is absolutely true. Some of my friends think I am crazy because I spent a considerable amount of money for binoculars, being not a rich person. I was surprised seeing the fewer numbers of subscribers for the famous binoculars review YouTube channel ‘optica exotica’ compared to other channels. As you said very few of us in general public are interested about binoculars.

Back to the topic, I am also interested to have a x10 binoculars as I do not have any. I am also thinking about having a Habitch 10x40, maybe a second hand one. Same time I wonder how NL 10x32 performs with the forehead rest. The normal rule is the shake canceling the magnification advantage of x10 to x8 for detail recognition. Did anyone of you notice the higher stability and comparatively high detail recognition with NL 10x32 in hand compared to other alpha 10x32 such as SF?
I love that channel optica exotica. I’m flawed why he doesn’t have more subscribers. That guy took me from monarch 5’s to NL Pures😄

I won’t speak for the 32’s, but the 10x42NL , is an 8x32/42 when it comes to stability. It has a FOV of many 8’s (399ft 1000yards) which gives the feeling of and 8x then the head rest gives it even more stability, but you don’t need it. See pictures from today. I could hand hold the 1042NL as good and as stable as the 8x32 EL’s. absolutely 100% makes a difference, this is not perceptual it’s actual.

Lineup: Swaro 10x42NL, GPO 10x42 passion HD, Nikon SE 10x42 and the Swaro 8x32EL for shts and giggles.

Attachments

• 12B3C792-F6F3-4450-9390-C5EFA573303A.jpeg
    12B3C792-F6F3-4450-9390-C5EFA573303A.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 32
  • 6A199AD0-300D-45BA-B48B-99C360F68CC7.jpeg
    6A199AD0-300D-45BA-B48B-99C360F68CC7.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 30
  • 14EBDC24-E030-4BF6-A526-375031B98A1D.jpeg
    14EBDC24-E030-4BF6-A526-375031B98A1D.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 27
  • 3B3EADE8-63BE-473C-A64E-172048D7DF63.jpeg
    3B3EADE8-63BE-473C-A64E-172048D7DF63.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 29
  • 85E85E49-F9A3-4E94-ADD9-11B9ECB18A7C.jpeg
    85E85E49-F9A3-4E94-ADD9-11B9ECB18A7C.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 33
I love that channel optica exotica. I’m flawed why he doesn’t have more subscribers. That guy took me from monarch 5’s to NL Pures😄

I won’t speak for the 32’s, but the 10x42NL , is an 8x32/42 when it comes to stability. It has a FOV of many 8’s (399ft 1000yards) which gives the feeling of and 8x then the head rest gives it even more stability, but you don’t need it. See pictures from today. I could hand hold the 1042NL as good and as stable as the 8x32 EL’s. absolutely 100% makes a difference, this is not perceptual it’s actual.

Lineup: Swaro 10x42NL, GPO 10x42 passion HD, Nikon SE 10x42 and the Swaro 8x32EL for shts and giggles.
What a nice collection of binoculars you have 😍 Thank you for your kind reply @Paultricounty 😊 I have fairly small hands so I think 32 would be the best for me. Do you miss the 3D image of SE when you use NL? Your answer would be really interesting to me as I don’t have any real porro to compare. The answer for NL 10x32 vs Habitch 10x40 😀

What a nice collection of binoculars you have 😍 Thank you for your kind reply @Paultricounty 😊 I have fairly small hands so I think 32 would be the best for me. Do you miss the 3D image of SE when you use NL? Your answer would be really interesting to me as I don’t have any real porro to compare. The answer for NL 10x32 vs Habitch 10x40 😀
Absolutely not. The 3D is nice but not all encompassing. The NL are in another league, the image is so clear, so sharp and immersive you will never miss the SE’s after looking through an NL. The Habicht’s are really nice, I have the 8x30 and 7x42, they are both amazing with clarity and brightness in the center. But they are a different animal than the NL of course. The NL are sharp across almost the whole huge FOV. As an all around , do everything great the NL’s a hard to beat.

Now I’m going to get in trouble I’m sure. To me, my opinion is that the Swaro NL’s are the best all around binoculars on the planet. And Leica Noctivids are the best built and the most gorgeous image on the planet. But they don’t make a 32s 😢.

If I wanted both the best 32 roof and the best 30 porro, I’d go NL and Habicht’s.

Watch the haters in the next few posts , bring it on🥷🏼

Paul

Attachments

• 46E49E47-AD10-4AEA-BB75-FF651FBCCABC.jpeg
    46E49E47-AD10-4AEA-BB75-FF651FBCCABC.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 2556AEF4-9A66-4E88-B4EF-5D2C1DC9E25D.jpeg
    2556AEF4-9A66-4E88-B4EF-5D2C1DC9E25D.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
  • CB24CD94-EC93-4E24-BFE1-36125607496D.jpeg
    CB24CD94-EC93-4E24-BFE1-36125607496D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • 2C2F9515-5659-462E-A2D0-0600C8887856.jpeg
    2C2F9515-5659-462E-A2D0-0600C8887856.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 18
Absolutely not. The 3D is nice but not all encompassing. The NL are in another league, the image is so clear, so sharp and immersive you will never miss the SE’s after looking through an NL. The Habicht’s are really nice, I have the 8x30 and 7x42, they are both amazing with clarity and brightness in the center. But they are a different animal than the NL of course. The NL are sharp across almost the whole huge FOV. As an all around , do everything great the NL’s a hard to beat.

Now I’m going to get in trouble I’m sure. To me, my opinion is that the Swaro NL’s are the best all around binoculars on the planet. And Leica Noctivids are the best built and the most gorgeous image on the planet. But they don’t make a 32s 😢.

If I wanted both the best 32 roof and the best 30 porro, I’d go NL and Habicht’s.

Watch the haters in the next few posts , bring it on🥷🏼

Paul
Thank you Paul for your nice explanation ❤ It seems Noctivids and NLs are very different and hold their points with their own strengths and weaknesses. NL 10x32 would be the best allrounder for me if the forehead rest makes a noticeable difference in steadiness as you mentioned. And I love to have 10x40 habitchs as well. I think Habitch's design will not be expired for a few more decades 😂
By the way, it seems you dislike smaller eyecups of Habitchs and found some nice remedies 🙂

Thank you Paul for your nice explanation ❤ It seems Noctivids and NLs are very different and hold their points with their own strengths and weaknesses. NL 10x32 would be the best allrounder for me if the forehead rest makes a noticeable difference in steadiness as you mentioned. And I love to have 10x40 habitchs as well. I think Habitch's design will not be expired for a few more decades 😂
By the way, it seems you dislike smaller eyecups of Habitchs and found some nice remedies 🙂
The eyecups are ok if you don’t wear glasses of course, otherwise Habicht’s are not a good choice. The small mods on my eyecups just ad that little extra eye relief for a more enjoyable experience with these binoculars. It helps in finding the comfortable eye position easier and faster.

The Nocs are just so dreamy of an image, the color, the saturation and of course the warmness of the image is as someone here coined, delicious.

But the NL’s oh boy, they are so clear, bright, neutral (neutral is also very nice) more accurate color and sharp as well as great resolution. And that description is for the whole huge FOV from edge to edge (almost).

I guess if the goal is to have a 10x roof and porro, there is no other choice than the Habicht porros other than maybe a used Nikon SE.

If those are your only two main binos, I might suggest the 1032NL and the 830 Habicht.

good luck, let us know your choices and how you love them 😀

Ask them how much they spent for their cars :D. My most expensive bino (Canon 18x50IS) was more expensive than my car (used Renault Twingo). A car just has to get me from A to B fairly cheaply and reliably. I spend much more for my hobbies than for necessities. As long as we can pay our rent, pay for food and my son has everything he needs (basically only a high-powered gaming PC) I spend money on what I want.
I am also a huge fan of "Optica Exotica". A shame he couldn't make the channel work and pay of for him. He basically threw in the towel AFAIK.

The eyecups are ok if you don’t wear glasses of course, otherwise Habicht’s are not a good choice. The small mods on my eyecups just ad that little extra eye relief for a more enjoyable experience with these binoculars. It helps in finding the comfortable eye position easier and faster.

The Nocs are just so dreamy of an image, the color, the saturation and of course the warmness of the image is as someone here coined, delicious.

But the NL’s oh boy, they are so clear, bright, neutral (neutral is also very nice) more accurate color and sharp as well as great resolution. And that description is for the whole huge FOV from edge to edge (almost).

I guess if the goal is to have a 10x roof and porro, there is no other choice than the Habicht porros other than maybe a used Nikon SE.

If those are your only two main binos, I might suggest the 1032NL and the 830 Habicht.

good luck, let us know your choices and how you love them 😀
@Paultricounty Still I am not an eyeglass wearer so, I think the small eyecups of Habitchs will not be a problem for me. I will probably go for NL 10x32 first. It would take some time though 😁 the Meantime I will look for a second-hand pair of Habitch 10x40. My brain says no need for two but my heart says I will miss the 3D image of Habitch if I buy only the NL 😃😃

Ask them how much they spent for their cars :D. My most expensive bino (Canon 18x50IS) was more expensive than my car (used Renault Twingo). A car just has to get me from A to B fairly cheaply and reliably. I spend much more for my hobbies than for necessities. As long as we can pay our rent, pay for food and my son has everything he needs (basically only a high-powered gaming PC) I spend money on what I want.
I am also a huge fan of "Optica Exotica". A shame he couldn't make the channel work and pay of for him. He basically threw in the towel AFAIK.
@Binocollector That's the point. I don't have a car but last year I spent money enough to buy a good car on binoculars. As you said, I am also giving more priority to my hobbies (birdwatching and buying some good binoculars 😁) than other necessities. As long as the public transport is working I don't need to have a car (that's my thinking but most people would disagree, except the members of the Birdforum). Luckily my girlfriend understands and respects my hobbies. As represent a very small proportion of the public society some people think optics lovers are crazy. A few days ago I saw a YouTube video named "Are Birders ...Creepy?".
However, I want to stop buying binos after having NL 10x32, Habitch 10x40, and maybe a good pocket bino (That's my plan but most members here would laugh at me because it is hard to stop buying binos 😂😂). I should give more priority to birding rather than buying binoculars 😃😃
I too loved that optics channel of Ethen but am really sad he stopped reviewing binoculars because the money he got from YouTube was not enough at all to continue it. I was crazy about his videos and watch some of them many times.

a very small proportion of the public society some people think optics lovers are crazy.
Better for those people to never visit a watch forum then. An NL Pure wouldn't even get you half a Rolex :D. What we here think is expensive would be entry level in the wristwatch-world (like with binos -- I only collect the cheaper brands however). A Rolex model GMT-Master II is running at 10.000€ currently.

@Paultricounty Still I am not an eyeglass wearer so, I think the small eyecups of Habitchs will not be a problem for me. I will probably go for NL 10x32 first. It would take some time though 😁 the Meantime I will look for a second-hand pair of Habitch 10x40. My brain says no need for two but my heart says I will miss the 3D image of Habitch if I buy only the NL 😃😃

@Binocollector That's the point. I don't have a car but last year I spent money enough to buy a good car on binoculars. As you said, I am also giving more priority to my hobbies (birdwatching and buying some good binoculars 😁) than other necessities. As long as the public transport is working I don't need to have a car (that's my thinking but most people would disagree, except the members of the Birdforum). Luckily my girlfriend understands and respects my hobbies. As represent a very small proportion of the public society some people think optics lovers are crazy. A few days ago I saw a YouTube video named "Are Birders ...Creepy?".
However, I want to stop buying binos after having NL 10x32, Habitch 10x40, and maybe a good pocket bino (That's my plan but most members here would laugh at me because it is hard to stop buying binos 😂😂). I should give more priority to birding rather than buying binoculars 😃😃
I too loved that optics channel of Ethen but am really sad he stopped reviewing binoculars because the money he got from YouTube was not enough at all to continue it. I was crazy about his videos and watch some of them many times.
My girlfriend didn’t have to understand my hobbies, she only had to respect them. That will change after you marry her.

Stop buying binos? that’s so cute and adorable. Good luck with that. Anybody who decided to spend $3000-$4000 on two binoculars and take mass transporotation instead of buying a car , has already been bit by the bug.

You could get a real nice sub-alpha used, for great price and buy a used car for the rest, then you and girlfriend can drive to the birding locations 😄. Don’t be mad at me🫣.

I think Ethan ran out of money buying and selling at a loss, or peeved off enough retailers with returns he ran out of road. A shame he couldn’t get on some kind of loaner program or reviewer status and get the optics to test without all the financial layout.

Paul

That will change after you marry her.
Hehe. That's why I want to buy a few more bins before marrying her 😂😂

Stop buying binos? that’s so cute and adorable. Good luck with that.
Yeah. I know that will never happen 😁 At least I thought about that 😂

Anybody who decided to spend $3000-$4000 on two binoculars and take mass transporotation instead of buying a car , has already been bit by the bug.
That's right. I have already spent 4k for binos last year. But right now I don't have an interest for a car. I love to use public transportation. Luckily bins from good brands have good resale value. I would sell mine and keep only one (probably M7 8x30) if I step into an economical crisis.

I think Ethan ran out of money buying and selling at a loss, or peeved off enough retailers with returns he ran out of road. A shame he couldn’t get on some kind of loaner program or reviewer status and get the optics to test without all the financial layout.
He had a lending programme with Red hawk rifles. However, he changed into another platform 'nebula'. Anyway, he reviewed almost all popular binos in market. I hope he is making success with nebula ❤️

As you said very few of us in general public are interested about binoculars.
I like carrying my retrovid 7x35 because they’re incredibly cool and make me look incredibly sexy. But I’m the only person I know who realizes that.
I am also thinking about having a Habitch 10x40, maybe a second hand one.
I might know someone who has a pair for sale 🤔
Did anyone of you notice the higher stability and comparatively high detail recognition with NL 10x32 in hand compared to other alpha 10x32 such as SF?
I have an SF 10x32, and a NL 12x42, which I use with the headrest. I thought the NL 10x32 might give me a noticeable increase in resolution compared to the SF. In reality, it was the opposite. The NL was very slightly, but noticeably less sharp than all my other 10x models (SF 10x32, Habicht 10x40, SF 10x42, Maven B6 10x50), and the headrest didn’t make a noticeable difference. That was a surprise to me. Maybe just sample variation.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back