• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which bino? (1 Viewer)

PetterSwe

Sweden
Hi
I am looking for binoculars for primary use when hunting (both stalking and sitting on a stand, often in varying light and weather conditions), but also observing wildlife when out in the nature. I live in Sweden.

I consider a Zeiss Victory FL in 8x42 from 2011 that I can buy second hand online, supposedly in good condition, for €800 ($900). Alternative is brand new Conquest HD at €970 ($1100) or Vortex Viper HD at €480 ($540).

originally my budget was about €600 and I found the Viper HD on winter sale, but after reading this forum and learning more I’m starting to wander if I shouldn’t go for a better bino when I make a purchase.

any advice? If I chose to spend more than my budget, is the used FL better value for money than brand new Conquest HD?

thx in advance

I'm just going to jump in here and wish you a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

The other point is the FL will stay at that value, or even increase, but the Conquest value will drop to second hand value as soon as it is bought.
FL is better, but I am a huge fan of conquests, possibly the best value for money out there for a 'new' purchase in my opinion.

Hi Petter,

first of all, welcome to BF!

Another vote for the used alpha in the form of the Zeiss FL.

Joachim

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back