• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Which Cisticola, Kenya? (1 Viewer)

tom baxter

Probably Zitting Cisticola. As far as I can tell, Palla's Grasshopper Warbler and Lanceolated Warbler are the most likely species to confuse Zitting Cisticola for. If this is true, I think we can rule out other Cisticola Sp. because it is fairly easy to rule out either of those warblers.

birdboybowley

Well-known member.....apparently so ;)
Supporter
England
Probably Zitting Cisticola. As far as I can tell, Palla's Grasshopper Warbler and Lanceolated Warbler are the most likely species to confuse Zitting Cisticola for. If this is true, I think we can rule out other Cisticola Sp. because it is fairly easy to rule out either of those warblers.
Eh?? What about other Kenyan cisticola ssp???
Without a fieldguide to hand I'd say Winding as no Zitting has back/wings like that

Wiganlad

Thanks to all of you.. I've just been looking at images online and the Winding does fit pretty well and it says it likes wet areas and mine could be at Naivasha but not certain. Zitting does look close too as does another one, Pectoral patch cisticola. I am leaning towards Winding.

Users who are viewing this thread