• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which lens? (1 Viewer)

Silvio Davison

Hi all,

I have just received a Canon EOS D 350 but I've only got a 18-55 mm lens. Could someone give me advice as to which telephoto lens I should buy (under £150-200)? I'm not looking for the best lens, just a decent one to start with (not terribly bad though 8-P).

Cheers

Silv

Hi Silvio.

I use a Sigma 500mm 7.2 prime telephoto lens that was designed for a film camera but is OK to use wide open.£100 new.
I also use a Sigma 135-400mm zoom that was £100 also but second hand.
Both these lenses are used on my 350d and there are plenty of photos in my gallery taken with this combo.

Yep the sigma is a good choice. It is often very sharp with the right settings and conditions, and gives you more reach and quality than a 70-300.

Joe's ebay link is actually in hong kong, hence hefty postage, and probably some import fees. They generally go for around 150-200, but once I saw one in a classified go for £65!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back