• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Spring migrants have you seen? (1 Viewer)

In South Florida we've had migrants come in since late January, but the only ones I've connected with have been Purple Martin, Swallow-tailed Kite and Shiny Cowbird.

I am 90% sure I heard a Nightingale this morning, while walking into work through the forest. Unfortunately, just a few moments later chainsaws joined the concert, and ruined my chance to spot it.

Must have been somewhere between me and the sun.PXL_20230328_052351018.MP.jpg

27th March - first 2 patch Sand Martins and first 2 Wheatear ...the latter both males

Swallow on the 30th...2nd for the borough I live in...the first seen 2 hours before by another birder. First female Wheatear too

1st April - Alpine Swift in Greater Manchester

Purple heron, greenshank and wood sandpiper on Thursday in the south of Corsica.
First red-rumped swallow yesterday (also a very probable hobby but too far), first tree and tawny pipits, also a few willow warblers today. All in northern Corsica...

Finally saw Gray Kingbird in my area (already in nesting mode), when they come in it means that spring is finally here and the true migrants are coming through in the next couple of days.

So far the first returning spring migrant Oystercatcher around the 11th of February - 2 weeks later than last year. Skylark a few days later.

Curlew around the 25th.

Possible Chiffchaff and Little Ringed Plover calling on 17th March but nothing else seen on my patch yet.
Heard a curlew on 23rd February here! (650' up between Harrogate & Skipton, North Yorkshire - mixed pasture, woodland & heather moorland).
One also seen next day by neighbours' 13 yr old son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back