• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Warblers? Rot Fai Park Bangkok, Nov 2018 (1 Viewer)

TwiddlingThumbs

Photos 1 & 2 show the same individual.

Photos 3 to 5 are of another individual. Could this be a Yellow-browed Warbler?

Unfortunately I couldn't get clear views of these birds plus I'm hopeless when it comes to Warblers.

Help with ID much appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Capture5.JPG
    Capture5.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 13
Any more images of the first bird? It looks like it is entirely yellow underneath, which would make it Sulphur-breasted Warbler (and a first record for the site).

EDIT: just moved from phone to laptop to look at this. It is definitely Sulphur-breasted Warbler.

Please can you tell me what date you saw it, and if you have any idea where it was in the park (I might try to relocate it if it was seen in the last day or two). This map might help you.

Last edited:
Any more images of the first bird? It looks like it is entirely yellow underneath, which would make it Sulphur-breasted Warbler (and a first record for the site).

EDIT: just moved from phone to laptop to look at this. It is definitely Sulphur-breasted Warbler.

Please can you tell me what date you saw it, and if you have any idea where it was in the park (I might try to relocate it if it was seen in the last day or two). This map might help you.

I thought it was just an optical effect.

David, we saw the bird on 12 Nov 2018 (this Monday). Thanks for the ID!

I've marked the area in red where we saw the bird. This area is what the thaibirding site calls the Overgrown Canal. I know it was near some water and I was actually chasing a Grey-headed Canary Flycatcher and a Black-naped Monarch at that time.

Hope you get it and capture better photos than what we had.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
David, we saw the bird on 12 Nov 2018 (this Monday). Thanks for the ID!

I've marked the area in red where we saw the bird. This area is what the thaibirding site calls the Overgrown Canal. I know it was near some water and I was actually chasing a Grey-headed Canary Flycatcher and a Black-naped Monarch at that time.

Hope you get it and capture better photos than what we had.

OK, thanks - I'll try to check it out tomorrow...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back