• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

White Sparrow?? East of England 12.07.2021 (1 Viewer)

Hi All,

What is this little chap? He is living with a large group of sparrows Great tits and various finches. Saw him in passing today? Any clues. Many thanksWhite sparrow landing.jpgWhite Sparrow Flight.jpgWhite Sparrow.jpg

Imho Bill is wrong shape for a great tit. (Edit:Actually I can’t really tell after looking more closely)
also let’s and Bill wrong colour....all of which could be totally wrong if it’s leucistic...more importantly because I’m not an expert!
im trying to remember the yellow skin round the base of the bill

anyway someone will probably come and say it’s an escaped something or other shortly :)

Last edited:
you're right about the eye though Derbyfella. I guess that would make it leucistic rather than albino. Cute bird!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back