• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

?white-tailed eagle, Outer Hebrides (1 Viewer)

marnixR

WYSIWYG
Supporter
the attached pictures are heavily cropped images of what i'm sure is an eagle, observed close to the border of the Isles of Lewis and Harris - i suspect that on balance it's more likely to be a white-tailed eagle, based on what appears to me to be a wedge-shaped tail

pictures taken a few weeks ago

Attachments

• IMG_8683.JPG
    IMG_8683.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8684.JPG
    IMG_8684.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_8685.JPG
    IMG_8685.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 37

rollingthunder

England
Well done:t:

Look at the shape and proportions on these shots vs the Goldie you posted and you shouldn’t have a problem in future:t:

Laurie -

marnixR

WYSIWYG
Supporter
seeing that both sightings were firsts for me it's always hard to be sure that what the descriptions say are really what you've seen

still, your comments will help for future sightings !

rollingthunder

England
You have done well mate with both species as ‘firsts’ - i first saw WTE on Rhum in 1977 as Norwegian eaglets when i helped on the reintroduction scheme - who would have thought that you would possibly be ticking some of their descendants some 40+ years on :eek!:

Good Birding -

Laurie:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread