• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

White Wagtail in B.C. (1 Viewer)

Peter C.

...just zis guy, you know?
As usual, most all the "rarity" action in fall has been about NA birds fetching up in the WP somewhere. However, recently we've seen some spectacular examples of palearctic birds showing up on the mainland of North America (i.e., not just on the Alaskan archipelago), which makes a nice change. First, there was the Olive-backed Pipit in California, and now, a White Wagtail in Delta, B.C.

Photo here: http://t.co/CP4VL3kBdr

Edward

Umimmak
Not tempted to go and see it, Peter? If you fill up the car and leave now you might see it by Sunday!

Peter C.

...just zis guy, you know?
Not tempted to go and see it, Peter? If you fill up the car and leave now you might see it by Sunday!
Knowing my luck, it would stick until I was somewhere in the middle of the Rockies, and then do a bunk somewhere before dawn Sunday morning.

So... no. I think I'll keep content with my lifer WW from beautiful, downtown Hertford, England. If I recall correctly, it was on the River Lea, about 50 metres' walk from our hotel.

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
And then in a few years they will split east Asian birds from European ones ...

Niels

Users who are viewing this thread