• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Who recognizes this bird by this sound? (1 Viewer)

Pinacolina

Hi I am from Belgium and I am hearing thuis
Bird sound for already 4 days. The sound is like a
Serie of 5 different sounds, each time in the same order.
I think it is probably not a Belgian Bird.
Can anybody help me? I am so curieus to know what of is.
Here is a link of a video where you can hear this
Serie of sounds repeated 2 times. I put on my Facebook because I couldn't upload the video here.

https://www.facebook.com/603392734/posts/10156752100027735/?sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=i*

Richard Prior

Halfway up an Alp
Europe
Hi I am from Belgium and I am hearing thuis
Bird sound for already 4 days. The sound is like a
Serie of 5 different sounds, each time in the same order.
I think it is probably not a Belgian Bird.
Can anybody help me? I am so curieus to know what of is.
Here is a link of a video where you can hear this
Serie of sounds repeated 2 times. I put on my Facebook because I couldn't upload the video here.

https://www.facebook.com/603392734/posts/10156752100027735/?sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=i*
Welcome to Birdforum!
I think you’re right, it doesn’t sound like any European species to me, no doubt some of our world traveller members will recognise it!

jurek

I can't pinpoint what it is, but I heard this sound before. It is some reasonably common exotic bird from an aviary. I am certain some world birder will know it immediately.

BTW, few years ago I visited some known birding place about that time and heard strange screams coming from the forest. What it is? Are they Grey Herons starting a colony? Not, this must be a macaw! I went there, and surely, behind a patch of woods somebody had a garden aviary and a pair of Blue-and-Gold Macaws together with lots of waterfowl.

CARERY

This is a playback of whatever species to chase away domestic pigeons. I've heard the very same sound last summer and asked someone about it.

pbjosh

missing the neotropics
Switzerland
Sounds similar to a Northern Mockingbird. The repeating in 3's fits well, though they usually have a longer repertoire they will cycle through before repeating.

It does sound like it is a recording I agree that's a good suggestion.

Pinacolina

Thanks everyone for your answers! I have been looking online and there are indeed several audio devices that play sounds that are suite similar to this call. It is a pity that I can 't seem to find the exact same sounds (listened to all the video's I could find). It is a serieous difference if someone is keeping a tropical bird on a terras or is continously playing these sounds from early morning till evening...

Users who are viewing this thread