• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Why are those dang Habicht's so BRIGHT! (1 Viewer)

There glare monsters and I’m buying his SFL’s when they go up for sale. Seriously, there are many reasons for selling binoculars we really like and praise, we all know that. The Habicht’s, especially in 7x42 is a unique breed if not an anomaly. If you want or need night time binoculars that cuts through the night with the slightest street lighting or even a full moon on a boat looking for buoys, the Habicht’s 742 is the tool.

As far as selling them, being that special unique tool that it is, it becomes or is less of an everyday all-around optic. Many of us own a ridiculous amount of binoculars (whatever that number is) and hang on to them. Others use them for a while then sell them off and try or ad something else to the collection, knowing we could always buy them again if we wanted.

If you have the money and or can justify owning binoculars you rarely use, and in this case a specialty optic in my opinion then great. I have binoculars I don’t use for a while, then I go back to them and they’re like new again. I guess samething could be said to just buy them again. Sometimes the buying and selling can be fun as well. Just my take on it.

Paul
You nailed my feelings exactly. Very well though out post. Well said!

Made me smile too but really when a member has good things to say about a binocular it doesn't mean they have signed marriage vows to remain faithful to that model for the rest of their life. Some folks enjoy trying different binos.

Lee
Exactly! You keep saying the SFL's are so good it is tempting me, but I must use restraint.:)

There glare monsters and I’m buying his SFL’s when they go up for sale. Seriously, there are many reasons for selling binoculars we really like and praise, we all know that. The Habicht’s, especially in 7x42 is a unique breed if not an anomaly. If you want or need night time binoculars that cuts through the night with the slightest street lighting or even a full moon on a boat looking for buoys, the Habicht’s 742 is the tool.

As far as selling them, being that special unique tool that it is, it becomes or is less of an everyday all-around optic. Many of us own a ridiculous amount of binoculars (whatever that number is) and hang on to them. Others use them for a while then sell them off and try or ad something else to the collection, knowing we could always buy them again if we wanted.

If you have the money and or can justify owning binoculars you rarely use, and in this case a specialty optic in my opinion then great. I have binoculars I don’t use for a while, then I go back to them and they’re like new again. I guess samething could be said to just buy them again. Sometimes the buying and selling can be fun as well. Just my take on it.

Paul
Very true but I don’t understand that somebody sells his very special "Zombie Apocalypse" binocular, that would be a no go for me. It leaves a man defenseless if the zombies 🧟‍♂️ 🧟‍♀️ come at night. There should be a law against selling your "Zombie Apocalypse" binoculairs 😂

Very true but I don’t understand that somebody sells his very special "Zombie Apocalypse" binocular, that would be a no go for me. It leaves a man defenseless if the zombies 🧟‍♂️ 🧟‍♀️ come at night. There should be a law against selling your "Zombie Apocalypse" binoculairs 😂
I still have my Ruger Mini-30 with a night scope and tons of ammo. I am prepared!

Made me smile too but really when a member has good things to say about a binocular it doesn't mean they have signed marriage vows to remain faithful to that model for the rest of their life. Some folks enjoy trying different binos.

Lee
Dennis is a Binocular tart plain and simple:eek:

They get more for the Habicht on this side of the pond. On eBay, Adorama wants $1200 and has sold 2 pairs at that price.

€810 here, that's $850, geographically closer to the source will be the main reason (plus taxes etc)

It's not the first (nor prolly last) time Dennis fills a thread with praise about bins he sells later. Many reasons for anybody to sell (and buy and sell again) bins, many of us have been there, and haven't or have regretted. Part of being bins maniac, I guess.

But what is that zombie apocalypse I read that's coming?!

Hi Lee (post #408),

On a forum such as this we’re all going to be open to trying different binoculars. But in less than a week Dennis goes from enthusiasm
for something that he sees as unequalled, to listing it for sale!

John
I think he has just beaten his personal best! :) :) :)

Just for information purposes.

The 7x42 Habicht’s are only to be used specifically for nighttime zombie observation of movement and behavior, never to be used for striking. If somehow a mistake was made and observational awareness was not maintained, and you were completely caught off gaurd without adequate fire power (I don’t know how that’s possible, but it could happen) , then the 8x42 Noctivids would be the bino of choice for a serious defensive/offensIve striking weapon.

I think that was left out of the guide because it was before the introduction of the Noctivids.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back