• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Why did female Pileated stop visiting my feeder? (1 Viewer)

JoeGBirder

Photography and birding enjoyer
United States
Hey, I had been seeing a female Pileated Woodpecker this year for months, and she always visited my feeder. I still see her, but now she only feeds from the trees. I'm fine that she's using her natural resource, but I'm worried I did anything wrong. Is there anything I could have done that made her stop liking it? I was consistent and used the same suet cakes, but is there maybe better food? If it's for no reason, I guess that that's fine, I'm just making sure. Thanks!

With more natural feeding resources around now you won't see her at your feeder as often.
Now when you say feeder, do you mean seed? Cause my Pileateds only feed on the suet feeders.

With more natural feeding resources around now you won't see her at your feeder as often.
Now when you say feeder, do you mean seed? Cause my Pileateds only feed on the suet feeders.
i meant suet. i had started putting out peanut butter and she loved it immediately!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back