• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

Why is Alpha better than high grade. (1 Viewer)

WJC

Canon L WP are water proof and gas filled, Canon will not disclose if nitrogen or argon gas is used. All the other canon I S binoculars are not gas filled and only water resistant. Canon explains that water resistant does it mean water won’t get in , it just means the construction materials can withstand certain weather conditions. This is according to reputable knowledgeable sources at Canon.

I know for some waterproofing is very important and of course it’s a nice little insurance policy. Last week I got caught in a wall of water in the Florida Everglades raining down on me out of nowhere with my SF’s. But even when you’re not in the potential position to get a waterfall on you they are still extremely useful in cold and or damp humid conditions.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 11.34.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 11.34.10 AM.png
    264.8 KB · Views: 32

exup

United Kingdom
will not disclose if nitrogen or argon gas is used. All the other canon I S binoculars are not gas filled and only water resistant
Be careful..... 3 levels I believe.

10x42L fully immersible, JIS 7..
18x50 AW and 15x50 AW JIS 4 as discussed.
12x36 and others (I believe without checking) not rated, so same as normal porros i.e. not water resistant.

Users who are viewing this thread