• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Wild in Aberdeen - City and Shire (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Yeah.... I think we'll all be grateful to see an end it to. Though I fear it won't happen for some time sadly.

Kincraig

Top spot of the day for me was a grasshopper warbler, one of three that I heard. Never seen one before, so quite happy with that.

delia todd

Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Oh you lucky b*!!!

I've only ever heard one.... about 5 years ago over on the west coast!!

Ben Nevis

Supporter
Scotland
Apologies for the late post but there was a Great white Egret and Little Egret on the Ythan yesterday.No sign of the recent Spoonbill,however.

ps; My look In past the Ythan,was work related between Aberdeen and Peterhead

burnie

Was on the river Dee near Banchory, dreadful rainy weather, but good numbers of Sand Martins, Common Sandpipers and a family of Dippers with two young.

Mark Etheridge

Bird Shooter (With A Camera)
A Hoopoe has turned up at Pittodrie Stadium, home of Aberdeen FC. It has been rooting around for at least three days on the verges of the players' car park, which is private land, and so far the assembled throngs have kept their distance so the bird is relatively undisturbed, although distant views are quite possible.

Well worth a look if you are in the area...

Attachments

• DSC_3234.jpg
    DSC_3234.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_3294.jpg
    DSC_3294.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • DSC_3361.jpg
    DSC_3361.jpg
    980 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_3374.jpg
    DSC_3374.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 21

delia todd

Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hoopoes do seem to like car parks - that was where I saw my first one LOL

That's super pictures you've taken Mark.

delia todd

Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
That really must have been wonderful to watch Burnie.

Well done getting some images too lad.

burnie

Ravens
Ravens

We were able to watch these birds for nearly an hour, watched the Eagles being mobbed by buzzard and ravens, which even at distance aided with the id, must admit now you say it the head does look prominent on the one chasing the grouse, could be a White Tail as you suggest. The two higher up were Goldens, we did get closer views and were able to both see the head colours, but also could hear them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread