• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wild in Aberdeen - City and Shire (3 Viewers)

I hope you make a great recovery Burnie.

That's a lovely video that.... did you know you can also add it into the Gallery, from where I can link it to view from the relevant Opus article?
I hope to get some better images than that one, thanks for the wishes, prognosis is good for my recovery, just slow going, I won't be dashing up any Munroes for a while lol.

It's a Canon C100 mkii movie camera, I still have my dslr's, but have wanted to try making short wildlife clips for a while now and took the plunge the other week, it uses the same lenses I already have, so that is a bonus.

Just had a Bluethroat in my own garden! Wow! My gardens right next to Meethill park, Peterhead. It stayed for around 10 mins I got pictures then it headed towards the park. In the area of the pinpoint on map.
Will get pics up later!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220520-191621_BirdTrack.jpg
    Screenshot_20220520-191621_BirdTrack.jpg
    741.2 KB · Views: 9
Here he is! I think he's a red-spotted race Bluethroat. In my own tiny garden!? haha I'm absolutely chuffed like. I thought it was a Dunnock :LOL:
He had his back turned in the shade of my hedge, throwing leaves about, n I just thought "dunnock.." then I noticed a faint stripe on his head and thought "is.... that..... a warbler? that'd be a new one for the garden birdwatch if it is.."grabs the binoculars.... and it turned round and I seen the blue throat and was like 😱😱 THE CAMERA!!!! I grabbed it and started snapping away panicking that it was going to fly off ANY SECOND. "just get that record shot..". I looked at the first few pics... pitch black 🤬😭 my hands were basically shaking as I fumbled with the ISO and shutter speed :LOL: luckily it stayed for a good 10 minutes and I got plenty of pictures through the window. Phew.

Attachments

• DSC_0085 (2).jpg
    DSC_0085 (2).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0124 (2).jpg
    DSC_0124 (2).jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0139 (2).jpg
    DSC_0139 (2).jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 17
Sensational stuff Andy! Do you want to put the news out on local services? You can be a bit vague about the location if you don't want a bunch of birders showing up at your house. I'm sure people will be interested to hear about the record.

What a wonderful experience Andy!! Terrific pictures too, once you settled down and relaxed LOL

Yes, Red-spotted. I saw a white-spotted on Fair Isle back in 2002 but really made a mess of the pictures!!

Sensational stuff Andy! Do you want to put the news out on local services? You can be a bit vague about the location if you don't want a bunch of birders showing up at your house. I'm sure people will be interested to hear about the record.
I don't mind the information being out there. It's not in my garden now, and is likely in the park nearby I suppose. I've never really reported a bird like this I don't think, I've just put it on birdtrack. Where's best? Or is it something you could easily do on my behalf? Is birdguides good for these type of alerts? I could add it there

I don't mind the information being out there. It's not in my garden now, and is likely in the park nearby I suppose. I've never really reported a bird like this I don't think, I've just put it on birdtrack. Where's best? Or is it something you could easily do on my behalf? Is birdguides good for these type of alerts? I could add it there
I know there's a Facebook group, although I'm not on that myself. I can put it out on the local WhatsApp group if you're not on it. I assume it was in Peterhead earlier today? It might be good to know roughly what time. Birdguides and others generally pick up on stuff put out on local news services automatically.

I'm not on either of those, if you could add to the whatsapp that's be great thanks.
You could say that it was around the gardens at the north fenceline of Meethill Park, Peterhead between heath drive and blackhills crescent. At 18.45 - 19.00. Something like that. The marker on this image is within yards of where it was. 1653076092164.png

Just seen its been reported again today on birdguides "still in garden between heath drive and blackhills crescent". I'm glad someone else has finally seen it! Would love to know more about the sighting, who it was and if it was in my garden or some else's this time!

Just seen its been reported again today on birdguides "still in garden between heath drive and blackhills crescent". I'm glad someone else has finally seen it! Would love to know more about the sighting, who it was and if it was in my garden or some else's this time!
Reported on WhatsApp by Tom Kirkpatrick. 'It was in the small lane between the two streets at the top of the grassy area'.

Gosh!! It was windy, wasn't it Burnie.... I'm surprised you managed to hold the camera so still LOL.

A great video that lad - any chance you can add it to the Gallery? I can link it to the Opus article where it will get more views.

You can add it if you don't mind Delia, yes it was very windy, but I carry(well actually my wife was lol) a tripod to get a steadier shot, I'm still not able to walk far, but managed down the cliff path to the Peregrines territory, 2 chicks apparently, but too small to see from the path yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back