• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wild Wales Returns (1 Viewer)

Emz

Just to let all the people from the previous thread on Wild Wales and any one else who is interested know that it is coming to BBC 2 Nationwide. It will be shown on Sundays at 6pm and repeated on Mondays at 7pm, starting on the 11th July running for three weeks. It was shown earlier in the year on BBC1 Wales.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Watched it first time round ,will defo watch it again recommend this all to watch how wildlife programmes should be (in my humble opinion)

Excellent - thanks a lot Emz, really enjoyed this when it was on iplayer but will be good to see this in proper TV quality. Brilliant that they're taking it to a nationwide audience now - I wondered before why it was just on Welsh TV as it was really good.

Hi there

Just watched the programme tonight 6pm-7pm on BBC2 Part 1 of 3

It is repeated 7pm-8pm Monday nights

Really enjoyed and it was well presented by Iolo Williams

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00sgg56

Fabulous photography indeed of so many bird species - I lost count.

Cuckoos trying to fight a Meadow Pipit or vice versa was the highlight to me - mind you all the bird species where highlights to me.

Regards
Kathy
x

Was excellent to see it in proper TV quality - this first programme had a lot of great stuff: choughs, bearded tits, hobbies, dippers... :t:

Good to see this on BBC 2 anyone with an interest in wildlife will enjoy. I used to work with Iolo when I lived in Wales he's a top bloke.

Neil.

Good to see as well, Iolo's got a great way of presenting
Strange that they repeated Sundays night program again on Monday, I was looking forward to a new program not one i watched last night

Really enjoyed and it was well presented by Iolo Williams

He bring his own unique way of presenting to the enigmatic birds and other wildlife of wales!

I used to work with Iolo when I lived in Wales he's a top bloke.

Indeed, I met him many years ago before he became a TV celeb. He gave my bird group a guided tour of Lake Vyrnwy in Powys. He really brought the place alive as well as showing us some stunning birds!

CB

Great to see a wildlife programme covering an often forgotten part of the British Isles. Iolo Williams enthusiastic presentation makes this series all the more watchable. Hope to see more of him on the small screen in the future.

Si.

Balls I forgot all 3 showings now, is it available on Iplayer? I also saw him on S4C and he was speaking fluent welsh......that is a first for me.

Will Wild Wales make a appearence on DvD?

Balls I forgot all 3 showings now, is it available on Iplayer? I also saw him on S4C and he was speaking fluent welsh......that is a first for me.

Will Wild Wales make a appearence on DvD?

This first episode is currently on BBC iplayer. Dont forget the next episode, The Heart of Wales, on Sunday 18th July at 6pm and repeated on Monday 19th 7pm.

Glad everyone is enjoying it.

I watched this programme on i player. Wales is a beautiful country & though the wildlife shown in it can be seen in most parts of Britian it was a refreshingly different way of showing it.

I had never noticed before that House Martins had feathers on their legs.

The limestone natural sculptures & the caves themselves under the Brecon Beacons were awesome. I would not have wanted to get to them though, Iolo was brave to tackle 4 (was it?) miles of passages before reaching the actual cave system.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back