• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

winged eye cups for Swaro Habicht 7x42GA (1 Viewer)

Mask of Porro

hi guys, my 1st post on the forum. i have spent many hours here researching before i purchased a pair of Habicht 7x42GA's.

i'm impressed with them! everything that's been said about their resolution powers is true!

the only aspect i was doubtful of before purchase was the FOV however that is a non issue for me after looking through them. i also enjoy the tighter focus as it will not get accidentally moved all the time in my bino harness, as is what happens with my older pair of Steiner peregrine's.

i was pleasantly surprised by their size. they feel compact, almost petite against my Steiner nighthunter 10x50.

the depth of field is great. i find i don't really need to use the focus alot past 30-40m. from there to infinity is almost all in focus.

there are a couple of things that bugs me though.

there is a sharp ridge molded into the edge of the eye cup that feels sharp when in use but i'll be able to remove this no problem.

also, i notice some glare reflections on the ocular lenses from light entering from the side of the eye cups in certain situations.

this leads me to ask if there is any good options for aftermarket winged eyecups that will work with the GA habicht?

thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome to the BF!
I believe Swaro winged eyecups (and rainguard) will work, but I am not 100% sure as I used them with the SV not with the Habicht so you should ask Swaro or a dealer before you buy them. However imo there are simpler ways to get rid of reflections in the oculars caused by side light such as using your hand or a sun cap/hat.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back