• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winner Announced; Next Drawing October 10th: Win a Pair of PRIME HD binoculars (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happened to Turaco and his zombie language posts? Did his writing zombie finally do him in? Or like me, did he merely become discouraged from posting day after day, week after week, month after month, without winning a Prime HD?

Brock 9/23

Since you are going to Valencia: I don't know that city, but the monk parakeets live there too. I suggest you find out where exactly and go see their nests (you won't have to ask ornithologists, I've just browsed some online papers from the region and many people complain about the noise already and squawk for population control …)
I have seen Monk Parakeets in other parts of Spain. I quite like the fact that the trees squawk at me as I walk past, especially when the parakeets are hiding deep in the tops of the palm trees and you can't see much of them.

Y no te olvides de poner el haíku del dia cuando estés allí, hombre! Tu lo has empezado, así tienes que llevarlo a cabo …
Thank goodness for Google translate :-O I know better than to just copy & paste my reply from Google translate though (which is surely how a menu I came across in Alicante a few years back had "Fragmentation hand grenade" and "Dumbfounded sky bacon" on the dessert menu, but that's another story!) so I will stick to English. As long as I have wifi there I will continue my life as a poet - whether you like it or not! :-O :-O :-O

Whatever happened to Turaco and his zombie language posts? Did his writing zombie finally do him in?
I found myself wondering the very same recently, Brock. I felt he brightened up the thread somewhat. And if you're feeling disillusioned with repeated posts without reward maybe you too need to unleash your inner poet... :eek!:

I call today's effort Stating the obvious
Some birds have long names
Like Great Spotted Woodpecker
Some are short, like Knot

Tuesday, September 23rd entry.

Here is what I believe to be a cooperative Gray Jay at the old west Mt. Baldy trail head in the White Mountains of Arizona. (Taken a few days ago.)

Attachments

• Gray Jay.jpg
    Gray Jay.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 15
Very nice Bruce. My daily entry is one of the Heron pics I took this past Sunday.

Attachments

• GE3.jpg
    GE3.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back