• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

winter in Germany (1 Viewer)

I'll be travelling through germany the first week of march on my way to czech republic.

Germany has some nice places, especially the eastern side, there are many places you can spot Kites and other birds of prey. I'm not that familiar with Germany and Birding. And ofcourse there's a beautiful wildbird park in the west of Germany, with many owls and other birds of prey.

Hi pemburung,
generally the baltic sea coast is fine for diving ducks and for white tailed sea eagle in winter, also brambling, common (or grey) crane and arctic goose species in north eastern germany (Meklenburg) depend on the weather

The north see coast is good for arctic geese (barnacle, brent, pink footed) and for waders, also whooper swan

Lower Rhine area is good for Greater white fronted goose and bean goose, also for some surprise birds (had a great white egret there some weeks ago)

Black forest is good for Black woodpecker, Nutcracker, crossbill, dipper

and so on...I could go on, but it depends very much on where you are going, so if you give me some more info where you are I could perhaps give you more detailed info.

Jörn

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back