• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Wolstonbury Hill (1 Viewer)

Original PaulE

Nice morning in and around Wolstonbury Hill near Hurstpierpoint today, Even "climbed" the hill , Skylarks and Long-tailed Tits the avian highlights although the real Highlight was the Sparrowhawk on the fence when I got home, which posed nicely

Full story of the day ,possibly some slight exaggerations on there although the bird sightings are accurate to the best of my ability, on the blog at the link below

Of Birds & Cake the Blog of Paul (birdsandcake122.blogspot.com)

Anyone care to venture an opinion on whether the Sprawk is Male or Female would be interested to know for sure

Cheers

Richard Prior

Halfway up an Alp
Europe
What no cake? Most entertaining read Paul, I think the Sprawk is indeed a male judging by the barring and cheeks starting to get a more rufous tinge than we’d see on females.

Original PaulE

What no cake? Most entertaining read Paul, I think the Sprawk is indeed a male judging by the barring and cheeks starting to get a more rufous tinge than we’d see on females.
Thanks Richard, did have some Christmas Cake on my return to base!! Obviously 😀😀

Users who are viewing this thread