• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wonderful customer service! (1 Viewer)

Scridifer

Used Registrar
Supporter
Bulgaria
Having lost one of the rubber cups from the twist-up eye pieces on my SV 8x32s I e-mailed Kowa Germany to see if it was possible to purchase a replacement. That was late on New Year's Day. A brief exchange of e-mails with Monika ensued to ascertain exactly what I needed and Today a new pair of twist-up eye cups arrived here in Bulgaria via TNT completely free of charge.

Chris

Not good in the U.S., however. No one to answer phone, no operator, nor do not respond to email. I've given up and will find a different manufacturer. I can only imagine the hassle of warranty work.

I once got in touch with Kowa central customer service in Europe (which is located in Germany, I live in Spain) and got a very swift reply also from Monika that answered in a very detailed way to my request. No complains here.

I lost the tripod mount screw for my BD II binoculars and Kowa immediately sent a replacement (along with another set of objective covers and rainguard), no questions asked. It was a minor issue, but I was impressed with them.

A few years ago I also had a good experience with Kowa's CS: I needed a case for Kowa SV 10x50 and got one promptly and free of charge from Günter Reisner, European Sales & Marketing Manager, Kowa Optimed Deutschland GmbH.

I agree totally about the brilliant Customer Service from Kowa and especially Monika L. If anyone from Kowa is monitoring this thread you had better realise that Monika is FANTASTIC at getting issues resolved and is worth every penny Kowa pay her.
I bought a Genesis 8x33 in May 2016 from Ace Optics, the official distributor for Kowa in the U.K. and in January 2018 the focus wheel/dioptre totally failed. This was despite only light use in the year and a half of ownership. I couldn’t focus the two barrels simultaneously and the dioptre would not compensate for the difference. There had always been a slight “notch” in the focus wheel when operating it but I had not paid much attention to this as it was like that from new.
Obviously something had gone in the gearing or something. I contacted their Customer Service and Monika was really quick getting back to me by e-mail. I think the reply from her was within a few hours. To make a long story relatively short, they were picked up the very next day by courier and sent to Germany for repair. Amazingly quick. I had them back in two weeks I think. It was pretty quick. Brilliant to be honest. In comparison to dealing with Leica it was painless. Leica were much more difficult to get hold of and deal with when my Trinovid 8x42 BN needed a warranty repair.
Kowa did require proof of purchase though and as they were supplied (new) by Ace Optics their provenance was not an issue. They asked for a photocopy of the receipt of purchase. No charge for the repair as it was clearly a faulty item. Very impressive Customer Service and Monika is simply superb in organising everything. Kowa, please take note.
All the best everyone,
John.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back