• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

woodpeckers around Innsbruck (1 Viewer)

I am staying in Ingls near Innsbruck for a week. Are there any sites in this or the Innsbruck area for Grey-headed, Syrian , Three-toed or Black Woodpeckers does anybody know ?

Thanks for any help or advice

Regards Brendan

Syrian Woodpecker is much more in east of Tirol.
I never was in area of Patscherkofel.
Nice forest ( Pinus cembra ) is from parking place to hut Lizumer Huette near Wattens.

Very empty is valley of Navis south of Igls, but no idea about woodpeckers, because I made skitours there.

Nice forest is also if You drive in direction of Kuehtai ( 2000 m altitude ).
In Sellrain turn left to Lüsens ( 1.600 m altitude ).
I went different time with skis to Schoentaler Spitze trough forest and bushes with Black Grouse.
Supposly also woodpecekrs are there.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back