Worcestershire- Ripple & Clifton

rollingthunder

Thanks for the update Phil and well done Jeremy:t:

Shrugs or worse often belies guilt and a good chance they will think twice.

I have a particular issue with regard to Dog crap over at the West Hagley Fields. Instead of kicking it out of site (as i do) or bagging it in a public place (as i do). One or two idiots (2 to be exact) hang it in a bag on the farmer’s barbed-wire fence for all to see like some gamekeepers gibbit for scat:C There it will hang until it is usually bagged with others and actually put in the dedicated bin provided by the car park - what could be simpler?

It has not been easy catching this pair as i have been an infrequent visitor over Summer months. Being in possession of binoculars i can clock ppl with dogs that stop at a distance. Last Summer i nailed them but said nothing but followed them back to their car and warned them. The next time i saw the cars i hung the offending bags from door handles, windscreen wipers etc. I also pinned a note to the effect that i would up the ante if they kept it up:t:

They did not, altho there is a ‘newbie’, the next phase was ramming a few down the exhaust pipe with a broom handle - there are sooo many ways in which to punish transgression.

Superglue is a wonderful invention;)

I do actually bird as well:t:

Laurie:t:

Ian Byrnes

Clifton this morning. Usual suspects...7 x Little Egret, 2 x Eygptian Geese, 10 x GC Grebe, 2 LR Plover, numerous Canada & Greylag Geese, P Wagtail, Greenfinch etc and 100 + Starlings. Few pics....

imgonline-com-ua-resize-AOeeDwQnAT8.jpg imgonline-com-ua-resize-ataskRavn5HL0dKE.jpg imgonline-com-ua-resize-zJOGkrLMsV4Jzny.jpg imgonline-com-ua-resize-TjvPoaOjGqJVRE.jpg

Ian Byrnes

Ripple this morning.....

5 Common Sandpiper, 5 Grey Heron & 1 Little Egret on south lake.
2 Common Tern on car park fishing pool and high numbers of Goldfinch, Green Finch, Tits and Warblers (various) on surrounding trees

Glad to see RSPB have put up nesting bird signs....
Quite a few dog walkers this morning and none had heeded the notice to keep their dogs on leads. My dog was with me, well behaved and on a lead.

imgonline-com-ua-resize-6LhtqsahcdOzLBjM.jpg imgonline-com-ua-resize-I0e930wYhXm.jpg imgonline-com-ua-resize-hp57ceKOl5QH.jpg

Ian Byrnes

Clifton this morning......Cold.

One solitary Common Sandpiper on small pit

Good numbers of Pied and Yellow Wagtails in horse paddocks. 100+ Canada Geese, 20+ Greylags, 3 Grey Herons, 15 GC Grebe, 100+ Swallows & Martins.

imgonline-com-ua-resize-aWNGyq4I0pBn.jpg

cj.holder

Clifton yesterday - lots of Yellow Wagtails, Redstarts in the trees close to the main pit. 3 Little Egrets and a pair of Egyptian Geese.

Last edited: