• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Worcs MEGA - Night Heron (1 Viewer)

Phil Andrews

It's only Rock and Roller but I like it
United Kingdom
Juvenile Night Heron present for at least its third days NNW of Worcester and 1.5 miles WNW of Fernhill Heath at Hawford along River Salwarpe between River Severn confluence and A449 bridge at 4pm SO843601

Last edited:
Just five accepted records for the County, the last being at Stourport-on-Severn for two days in May 1983.

No sign today as far as I'm aware. Observers on site from first light (not me) and no sign by mid-morning. I was present from c.11.00-12.00 with again no sign. Info on this seems scant, other than it was first reported to Birdguides (I did also hear a name, but can't remember it at the moment).

So, no-one able to offer any further info on this report? Seems odd that the original reporter knows how to contact Birdguides but doesn't know any Worcs. birders.

Question is... is it still there? Wonder if anyone has been looking today - been otherwise engaged myself so haven't been down again.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back