• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Workmen Paint Around Dead Badger (1 Viewer)

The county council said there would be no extra cost to taxpayers because the company was being paid a fixed rate for the job.

That's because they're being paid plenty enough to start with to allow for looooong tea-breaks and return visits etc etc; (and that isn't costing the tax payer too much?)

Maybe they thought the triple white lines on the badger would do the job for them in the meantime ...

Last edited:
The dead Badger I pass on the way into work on a morning has now had a very short haircut, after the grass verge was cut this week, they also "rolled" it so now like a very large hedgehog.
it has given the flies better access though,
Oh the sweet smell of summer.

steve

"Not my job Guv. You need the bloke with the badger removal spade and the badger removal qualifications for that one."

Plus 3 blokes in high visibility jackets standing around watching & 2 more to operate the stop/start signs, all on overtime, double bubble on a Friday night during rush hour. :eek!:

At least this Pine Marten had the common decency to wait until the lines had been painted before getting bludgeoned to save on rate payers' money...

Attachments

• splattt.jpg
    splattt.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Plus 3 blokes in high visibility jackets standing around watching & 2 more to operate the stop/start signs, all on overtime, double bubble on a Friday night during rush hour. :eek!:

At least this Pine Marten had the common decency to wait until the lines had been painted before getting bludgeoned to save on rate payers' money...
:-O

To be fair to them, I wouldn't fancy shovelling a rotting badger off the road either. And that guy that drove past it every day for a week obviously didn't think it was his job. Presumably it is his job to pick up the phone to the BBC.

Frankly, wildlife protection law got so extensive, that I met people overreacting - just believing that any wild animal is probably strictly protected and you get a huge fine for touching it.

To be fair to them, I wouldn't fancy shovelling a rotting badger off the road either. And that guy that drove past it every day for a week obviously didn't think it was his job. Presumably it is his job to pick up the phone to the BBC.

Give me a shovel. I'll shift the bugger for them.

Would have never happened here in South East Asia. Not because of better work ethics (though they do have them), but because the work crew would have removed it on day one and eaten it:)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back