• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Yellow legged gull - Poland? (1 Viewer)

AGDK

Hello

Just want to be sure, since this for me looks a Yellow Legged Gull.. I see from time to time yellow legged Herring gulls around here, but they are more pale in the foot color.. For me red color on the bill also seems more extended than usual, also in comparison with the two Herring gulls in the back ground ..

Can someone confirm if it's a "Yellow Legged" Herring gull or a "real" Yellow legged gull.

Thanks

Attachments

• Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Wings.jpg
    Wings.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Yellow Leg.jpg
    Yellow Leg.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 47

lou salomon

the birdonist
yellow-legged Larus argentatus, 5cy, imo.
it has considerable white ventral tongues in 3rd generation p10, bill shape is better for argentatus, amount of grey on dorsal p7 is too large, general shape of body seems less breast-heavy than in usual michahellis.

AGDK

Hi Lou

Thanks for your clear explanation, even I was hoping finally to have found a real "real" Yellow legged gull.

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Users who are viewing this thread