• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yellowhammer painting. (1 Viewer)

Love it - I am teaching myself pencil drawing and watercolour as part of the lockdown!

I suspect it will be e while till I post something though!

Wonderful, Mark, you can almost hear his song! We call them Geelgors in the Netherlands; not rare, but I live in river and marsh country, that's not the right biotope for it, we are accompanied by Rietgors (reed bunting).
Cheers, I admired the Hawfinch too, and could for that species say the same: not in riverland, unless there are big parks (estates e.g.). Thank you for sharing, stay well, Jan van der Brugge

Wonderful painting Mark! You made him look alive and in full song.

Mmmm.... that's just how you see them!! Though the trouble is I've not seen any for a couple of years... disappearing from the usual haunts. I did find another place where they're hanging out pre-lockdown and heard some singing, but couldn't see them!!!

A wonderful paining this Mark, another of yours I wouldn't mind hanging on the wall!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back