• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Yellowhammer painting. (1 Viewer)

mark richards

nice to have a change from carvings, lot less stressful to do, acrylic on board.

Attachments

• DSC_0860.JPG
    DSC_0860.JPG
    666.9 KB · Views: 92

Julie50

Mostly in the Midlands :)
Supporter
United Kingdom
Love it - I am teaching myself pencil drawing and watercolour as part of the lockdown!

I suspect it will be e while till I post something though!

janvanderbrugge

Wonderful, Mark, you can almost hear his song! We call them Geelgors in the Netherlands; not rare, but I live in river and marsh country, that's not the right biotope for it, we are accompanied by Rietgors (reed bunting).
Cheers, I admired the Hawfinch too, and could for that species say the same: not in riverland, unless there are big parks (estates e.g.). Thank you for sharing, stay well, Jan van der Brugge

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Mmmm.... that's just how you see them!! Though the trouble is I've not seen any for a couple of years... disappearing from the usual haunts. I did find another place where they're hanging out pre-lockdown and heard some singing, but couldn't see them!!!

A wonderful paining this Mark, another of yours I wouldn't mind hanging on the wall!

Users who are viewing this thread