• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yet another raptor. Nampa, Idaho, USA (1 Viewer)

jnicholes

Unknown_10.jpg

Apologies for the low quality photo. Camera shutter was not set right.

Went to the Nampa Sugar Factory after hearing there was a Peregrine Falcon Nest. Snapped this bird going into the nest.

Is this a Peregrine Falcon?

Jared

FINALLY!

I've been trying to get a picture of one of these birds for a year. No joke. It makes me so happy to know that I finally got one!

If the Sugar Factory in Nampa says there is a Peregrine Falcon nest there I will take their word for it.

Bob

Glad you got over there - did you see my mention of the sugar factory pair in your other post?

Once the young fledge (no idea when that happens in your area, but here in the UK normally early to mid-June) you should have lots of photo opportunities as the young birds learn to fly and then to hunt. I personally prefer just watching them as I don't want to miss out on all the amazing stuff they do while trying to get a photo, but to each his own. Good luck!

Glad you got over there - did you see my mention of the sugar factory pair in your other post?

Once the young fledge (no idea when that happens in your area, but here in the UK normally early to mid-June) you should have lots of photo opportunities as the young birds learn to fly and then to hunt. I personally prefer just watching them as I don't want to miss out on all the amazing stuff they do while trying to get a photo, but to each his own. Good luck!

Actually, I did. After I saw your post, I called that Sugar Factory and asked if the Peregrines were around. They said yes, I'm told me exactly where to go to get a good photograph.

Jared

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back