• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Birder (3 Viewers)

Welcome to the forum Halcon. Great life list and out of interest would you like to join in a yearlist 2010 challenge that allot of the people on this thread are taking part in:t:

And anyone else on this thread for that matter. Always good to have more competition

Hi, Johnny, what's that with the 2010 yearlist?

Thanks to all for this great welcome.

Best greetings, Nico

Hey guys,

Just posted my Review of the 2009 Birding Year yesterday. The post gives you the lowdown on each and every month's birding days and all the notable birds I saw on these days in a meticulous and hopeful evocative way. The post is longer than most, so I don't expect you to read every word. Bare in mind however that I write more in the earlier months before I was able to blog my experiences. From July onwards when I am blogging my experiences, I give links to the blog posts. I particularly reccomend that you read my account of May as I had a fantastic day then which is worthing reading about. :t: As always, feedback and comments are very much appreciated. Click on the link in my signature if you wish to read it. ;)

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi everyone , this may be my last post on here, as i have only just realized this is a forum for young birders :eek!: ( thanks joe ray for bringing that to my attention ) :t: i have really enjoyed this thread and have found it intersting, informative and rewarding in many ways , well basically its up to you if you dont mind an older birder posting on here from time to time then i will drop by but if you prefer i dont post on here anymore then i respect your decision and thankyou and wish you all great birding for the future :t:

http://robs-birding.blogspot.com/

I'm 20 :t:

I've had an amazin day even though I was only out birding for a couple of hours. I managed to relocate an adult drake American Wigeon on the river lune at 15:45 today. It was seen for 1 day a week earlier further down the coast so I was really happy to find it and also a new life bird. Another local birder also saw it after I texted the news out so I can claim it o:D Other great birds seen today include Raven, Barnacle and Brent geese.

I've had an amazin day even though I was only out birding for a couple of hours. I managed to relocate an adult drake American Wigeon on the river lune at 15:45 today. It was seen for 1 day a week earlier further down the coast so I was really happy to find it and also a new life bird. Another local birder also saw it after I texted the news out so I can claim it o:D Other great birds seen today include Raven, Barnacle and Brent geese.

Wow fantastic Jonny! Well done! I managed to reach 113 yesterday for the year with a visit to Fofar Loch. Highlight was the Bean Goose, a Tundra that showed really well with some Greylags. Also 2 Kingfishers a drake Scaup, a mobile flock of 30 or so Siskin and my first Golcrest of the year were all seen. A good day and worth the trip. ;)

Hey guys,

Noticed how this thread hasn't been posted in since Sunday. We shouldn't let it die out you know. ;)

Anyway I'm posting to say that I've just posted a new blog entry, charting my first day in 2010 where I saw some really great birds at Strathbeg. It includes an account on possibly one of the best nature spectacles I've ever witnessed. If you want to give it a read then cheers, and comments our welcome. ;)

Thanks,

Joseph

Hey guys,

Noticed how this thread hasn't been posted in since Sunday. We shouldn't let it die out you know. ;)

Anyway I'm posting to say that I've just posted a new blog entry, charting my first day in 2010 where I saw some really great birds at Strathbeg. It includes an account on possibly one of the best nature spectacles I've ever witnessed. If you want to give it a read then cheers, and comments our welcome. ;)

Thanks,

Joseph
ill check it out:t:

Right day of the holidays right I can have a lie in. Wake up at 7 o'clock and can't get back to sleep. Ah well done a couple of hours birding from my bedroom window seeing 28 species so far which means I'm probably going to be able to beat my day record from my house which is 34. Highlights so far today have been a resident little egret in the fields behind my house and a Kestrel.

That's an impressive tally you have there in your garden Jonny. ;)

Ash, thanks for looking and thanks for the commenting, its much appreciated, as it always in. Like anyone I'm always eager for feedback. :t:

Serra Gelada my local mountain!

Two lifers today!!! im really pleased and surprised at what i saw up my local mountain;) Firecrest was first which i only got a brief view of ( but wow! and what a beautiful song it has! ) and another one i never expected so close to my city.... a fantastic Black wheatear showing brilliantly up on the lighthouse!o:Do:Do:D

Last edited:
Two lifers today!!! im really pleased and surprised at what i saw up my local mountain;) Firecrest was first which i only got a brief view of ( but wow! and what a beautiful song it has! ) and another one i never expected so close to my city.... a fantastic Pied wheatear showing brilliantly up on the lighthouse!o:Do:Do:D

Oh fantastc TJ, Firecrest is a fab bird! Still haven't seen one in the country yet but hope to this year. Presuming they aren't so rare there? And with your wheatear, I think you probably meant Black Wheatear, as you just told me on MSN that your bird was all black with a white tail which is the diagnostic of Black Wheatear. I had one for a split second when I was in Spain. Beautiful little birds, both of them. Very well done! :king:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back