• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Birders Yearlist Challenge (1 Viewer)

Bump me up a few please Jonny would you? Thanks to Whooper Swan, Pink-footed Goose, Barnacle Goose, Bean Goose, Dunlin, Smew, White-fronted Goose, and Sanderling over the past few days. I am now on 114.

Cheers,

Wow, it's tight at the top. People's positions going up and down like a yo-yo! :-O Anyway, went up to see if I could get a better look of the Waxwings, but they proved annoyingly elusive, with only 1 sighting on the walk on a tree quite distantly. I did manage to get a picture, although its not that clear and it is blurred. You probs wouldn't know they were Waxwings cos of the poor quality but they definitely were. See thumbnail.

Attachments

• 100_5422.jpg
    100_5422.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 42
bump me up to 121 skipper! got Raven and Red Grouse on Waddington Fell with the last of the light from my Half Term of little birding and very little homework done lol

Zac

121 for me too please, I wont name them all but some of the best... Black Kite, Long Eared Owl, Slav Grebe, Smew
3 images from Gigrin I've edited so far, more on my blog soon....
JX9M6394.jpg JX9M6364.jpg JX9M6259.jpg

Well done Ash and Zac caught up to me and great shots Ash better than mine will upload to my blog later my efforts and other sightings from wales.

About the lists, I was slightly confused. Because people in, say, spain will have the oppotunity to see more species than here in britain for example.
Also, if we are all using our National Lists, and one country has split, say the Brent geese and they can tick Dark Bellied and Pale Bellied. Should we use a world list?

I did realise that Birding Maniac that's why I think it was Joseph (might be wrong) suggested that I should put the country and area next to the people name so that you know who is in your area so who you can aim to beat. And concerning the dark and pale bellied brent geese we in britain are using BOU rules meaning they are classed as a single species not seperate.

Intesting about the weather Ash I was only there for an hour but the sun was out constantly and there was a layer of snow on the ground about 3 inches deep. Great for photography though

Intesting about the weather Ash I was only there for an hour but the sun was out constantly and there was a layer of snow on the ground about 3 inches deep. Great for photography though
Yeah its was very strange, I was constantly having to change setting on the camera.
out of about 1000 images so far I have about 15-20 good ones:eek!:

1st) Robert Williamson (Norfolk, GB) - 146 species *Poss. 147*
2nd) Jonny721 (Lancashire, GB) -121 species
2nd) Zac Hinchcliffe (Lancashire, GB) - 121 species
2nd) Ash1456 (Cornwall, GB) -121 species
5th) Joseph N (Aberdeenshire, GB) - 117 species
6th) Birding Maniac (GB) - 115 species
7th) Kinghorn the bird brain (Durham, GB) - 114 species
8th) AlexGuthrie (Angus, GB) - 110 species
9th) Halcon (SP) - 101 species
10th) Billsbirding (Surrey, GB) - 92 species
11th) Geth (Glamorgan, GB) - 66 species
11th) Middy24 (Northumberland, GB) - 66 species
13th) Loufish (London, GB) - 60 species
13th) tjbirdofprey (SP) - 60 species
15th) nrg800 (AU) - 42 species
15th) ausmar (MA) - 42 species
17th) Adin92 (MA) - 19 species
17th) The Seagull (Aberdeenshire, GB) - 21 species
19th) Maltese Falcon (MA) - 12 species
20th) UtahnBirder (Utah, USA) - 9 species

Added you middy your in joint 11th with Geth. Which county are you from so I know what to put next to your name.

Last edited:
About the lists, I was slightly confused. Because people in, say, spain will have the oppotunity to see more species than here in britain for example.
Also, if we are all using our National Lists, and one country has split, say the Brent geese and they can tick Dark Bellied and Pale Bellied. Should we use a world list?

Or we could do a Western Paleartic list.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back