• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your favorite neck strap? (1 Viewer)

I love the standard Zeiss neckstrap simply because it is tailored to sit flat on your shoulders around the base of your neck without actually hanging from the back of your neck. I find this so much more comfortable than straps that sit vertically against the back of my neck.

Lee
Which of the Zeiss straps are you referring to? Do you have a link to one perhaps?

My guess is that Lee is referring to the Zeiss strap shown below that's curved to lie flat on your shoulders. I bought one several years ago for my 7x42 BGA/T*P, and really do like it. However, if they're "standard" then lots of people have them.

Ed

Attachments

• Zeiss Curved Strap.jpg
    Zeiss Curved Strap.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Which of the Zeiss straps are you referring to? Do you have a link to one perhaps?
See Post 22
It is the strap supplied with Victory SFs so if you wish to check one out just ask your dealer to show you the strap that comes with SFs.

Lee

Last edited:
My guess is that Lee is referring to the Zeiss strap shown below that's curved to lie flat on your shoulders. I bought one several years ago for my 7x42 BGA/T*P, and really do like it. However, if they're "standard" then lots of people have them.

Ed
Hi Ed that looks like the strap I mean. And BTW I have one of those old rain-guards on both of my SF32s!

Lee

I love the standard Zeiss neckstrap simply because it is tailored to sit flat on your shoulders around the base of your neck without actually hanging from the back of your neck. I find this so much more comfortable than straps that sit vertically against the back of my neck.

Lee

Ed
Thank you for this info!
I have very recently bought a second hand Zeiss FL 7x42, but the Zeiss strap is actually worse than the Leica strap of my UV 8x32 HD: the Zeiss strap is not as wide and it is ‘straight’ (pulling on the neck rather than more on the shoulders), as opposed to the Leica.

Thus I’m now looking for a strap more similar to the one of my Ultravid for my 7x42, especially as it is a bit heavier than the 8x32. Apparently, there thus is a more recent Zeiss strap that would match it. Thanks for that info!
Still, if available, I might prefer a more discrete one (identical but without big logo or brand name), as that is my only comment on the Leica strap: it partly ruins the more discrete, compact, almost full black and industrial look of the binoculars that I really like, especially speaking about the UV, but the FL is not bad either. (I know esthetics are secondary to image quality and ergonomics, but still... :) ). More importantly, the big lettering on the strap attracts too much attention, not only of potential thieves: I use those alpha binoculars because I like their optical, construction and ergonomic quality, not to show that I have an expensive, alpha binocular. But again, that is a very personal consideration...

For my Zeiss Victory 8x25, I am actually quite happy with the original, thinner but still neoprene strap. There are some comments about it on the thread on that binocular and I understand that some want an even thinner one for compact storage, but for me it is a good size-comfort balance. (I don’t like its attachment loop though, but that is due to the very small attachment loop of those pocket binoculars...)

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back