• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Your most anticipated futures books (1 Viewer)

Ries

I've just received Lynx's All The Bird Of The World. First I must say I enjoyed the packaging; that internal box containing the book, with the Lynx name stamped out, is a beautiful design, never seen such beautiful packaging before. The whole gigantic thing was very well packed. Contents, marvelous. What an abundant wealth. I find the contents menu just fine, register as well. The maps are tiny but still good enough to make out general regions. When it's hard to see arrows are added and countries are marked by their ID letters, to be found on the laminated card with the book. No complaints here, a fantastic and gigantic book to browse through and enjoy all the bird beauty of our planet.

Elphicks "Handbook of Bird Families" seems quite a nice addition. Have thus far only peaked in it, but filled from front to cover with enough info on every family to get an indication of how they behave and what sets them apart. It's enough for me to browse ATBOTW with and get to know global birdlife.

Very happy with this set! Especially Lynx's monster is something I'm somewhat proud to own!

aeshna5

Excited at the publication in May (currently) of Grasshoppers of Britain & Western Europe. A much needed guide to Orthoptera in English for across the channel. There are good English guides to Italy & to Greece but otherwise a big void.

Mysticete

United States
I've just received Lynx's All The Bird Of The World. First I must say I enjoyed the packaging; that internal box containing the book, with the Lynx name stamped out, is a beautiful design, never seen such beautiful packaging before. The whole gigantic thing was very well packed. Contents, marvelous. What an abundant wealth. I find the contents menu just fine, register as well. The maps are tiny but still good enough to make out general regions. When it's hard to see arrows are added and countries are marked by their ID letters, to be found on the laminated card with the book. No complaints here, a fantastic and gigantic book to browse through and enjoy all the bird beauty of our planet.

Elphicks "Handbook of Bird Families" seems quite a nice addition. Have thus far only peaked in it, but filled from front to cover with enough info on every family to get an indication of how they behave and what sets them apart. It's enough for me to browse ATBOTW with and get to know global birdlife.

Very happy with this set! Especially Lynx's monster is something I'm somewhat proud to own!
I got my copy of All the Birds of the world the other day. I love scrolling through it and seeing the variation within different genera. You really get to appreciate the diversity present in birds in a way that a list of names doesn't provide.

Ries

Excited at the publication in May (currently) of Grasshoppers of Britain & Western Europe. A much needed guide to Orthoptera in English for across the channel. There are good English guides to Italy & to Greece but otherwise a big void.
First I was excited by that one as well but I found an oop big book in Dutch by Roy Kleukers e.a. which serves me well alongside two field guides :) in total two cd's with sound recordings accompanying them

Users who are viewing this thread