• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (6 Viewers)

My last two 'lifers' were probably not the best in the world as they are due to 'splits' but :-
Kamtchatka Leaf Warbler
Sakhalin Leaf Warbler

both on Tsushima, on April 26th.

Chris

Just returned from a week near Minsmere, got my first sightings of Cetti's Warbler, Dartford Warbler, Black Tern, Woodlark, Garden Warbler, Marsh Tit, Turtle Dove and, although not a wild bird, the Greater Flamingo.

Also got to see Hummingbird Hawk-moth, Green Hairstreak, Slow Worm, Stoat, Muntjac and Red Deer in the wild for the first time too... although those are somewhat outside the topic of this thread! :-O

Last edited:
We were in central Florida in February, where I got my first viewing of a purple gallinule. This particular one was quite curious about my camera.

Attachments

• purple-gallinule02-t.jpg
    purple-gallinule02-t.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 54
3 new species this weekend in Colorado

Rufous-collared Sparrow*
Northern Saw-whet Owl
Pinyon Jay

The sparrow is a controversial bird; no doubt on the id, but how it got to Colorado is a mystery. This would be a first ABA record if accepted, which is a pretty big if. At any rate, at least for now, the odd location (middle of nowhere in a small mountain community) and absence of any clear indication of captive origin (feather wear, leg band, etc) is causing me to tentatively add this bird to my life list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back