• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (2 Viewers)

Great grey shrike today. There's a showy one that's spent a week or more in the same clump of bushes near Sapperton, which happened to be close to my route to Slimbridge. The highlight of a day that also featured year-ticks of black-necked grebe, green-winged teal and ... oystercatcher.

Spotted what I'm going to count as a Northern Shrike from a road just outside Yellowstone. My visual sighting was only good enough for 'definitely a shrike'; the other possibility is Loggerhead shrike but frequency, seasonality, and prior ebird reports make me happy enough to count it as a Northern.

Blue winged teal at man sands yesterday. Lovely sunshine and apparently a far bolder than usual duck. First lifer of the year and hopefully a portent of american ducks to come when I visit Scotland in a few months

Hello...Zahid from Malaysia

Hello everybody, my name is Zahid from Malaysia. I am interesting in a bird species such as Eagle, Hawk, Falcon, Harriers and kite...

I suppose not technically a lifer but I did connect with Basalt Wheatear for the first time in the Uvda valley, Israel on 8th February as my only new bird.

Plenty of other cracking birds on that trip though so pics with which I was pleased of Thick-billed Lark, Sinai Rosefinch, Scrub Warbler & Green Bee-eater.

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• 2.21.jpg
    2.21.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 1.24.JPG
    1.24.JPG
    424.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 2.08.jpg
    2.08.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.15.JPG
    2.15.JPG
    325.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 3.22.JPG
    3.22.JPG
    417.3 KB · Views: 28
Hopefully Ferruginous Duck. Was apparently unringed and definitely flying around and wary. But they always are when you’re the one who sees them aren’t they.

Edit.
And had disappeared over night without knowingly ever taking any bread. Nice to know

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back