• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (1 Viewer)

Black browed albatross at bempton. My first visit to what looks like an amazing site. I didn’t have the cliff top views people had earlier in the week but it going missing for a few days meant I was just happy to see it as I can’t see me having another chance to be in Yorkshire for a while.

earlier in the day at another great site I had the pacific golden plover at frampton before the albatross news broke.

Pigeon Guillemo, very distant bird but identifiable (with help from Microtus).

At long last, finally nabbed a trio of Buff-breasted Sandpipers at the sod farm across from the Lost Creek Wetland Area, up near Stevens Point Wisconsin.

This was the last "regularly occurring" potential lifer local to me, and also one of only 3 remaining regularly breeding shorebirds I needed for the ABA (Still need Purple Sandpiper and Bristle-thighed Curlew, but it's going to be awhile for at least the latter). Also got some bonus Baird's Sandpiper for my state list!

At long last, finally nabbed a trio of Buff-breasted Sandpipers at the sod farm across from the Lost Creek Wetland Area, up near Stevens Point Wisconsin.

This was the last "regularly occurring" potential lifer local to me, and also one of only 3 remaining regularly breeding shorebirds I needed for the ABA (Still need Purple Sandpiper and Bristle-thighed Curlew, but it's going to be awhile for at least the latter). Also got some bonus Baird's Sandpiper for my state list!
Excellent. Seems like a lot of Buff-breasted moving through MN too right now.

I got 13 new armchair birds from splits, but lost two others to lumps (bye bye Northwestern Crow, Southern Caracara!), for a net gain of 11.

With the latest Clements/eBird taxonomic updates, I gained ten armchair ticks but lost Southern Caracara to a lump, for a net gain of nine. I had already added all these species to my IOC list except one I had missed.

I was pleasantly surprised that my updated eBird list indicates that the Graceful Prinias I saw in the United Arab Emirates and Oman were in fact the newly split Delicate Prinia.

Dave

Velvet scoter today at Musselburgh. At least 2 drakes in a small group of sea ducks near the wall. Hopefully I’ll go back next week when it’s a bit drier for a longer look.

I think that is the last of Britain’s wintering or breeding ducks for me.

It tells me I have posted in here already but I can't find anything recent so I will post my latest lifer here, and its a Little Egret, which I spotted in August 2018

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back