• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (3 Viewers)

65 lifers on a 9 day trip to the Upper Texas Coast and Edwards Plateau in central Texas, including 32 warblers and a big fallout of passerines at Sabine Woods after we saw the thermometer drop from 32°C to 15°C as a cold front moved in. Last lifer actually one of the most common birds in the eastern US, but everything is new once: Tufted Titmouse!

Quasi lifer: Hudsonian Godwit this morning. Seen once before but only super distantly in Alaska, which has always made me question how accurate the ID was. Much much better views today, and it was also new for my lower 48 list.

Heard and caught a quick glimpse of a Warbling Vireo right by the branch off the Mohawk River, behind the Wolf Hollow Brewing company in Schenectady, NY. Wouldn't have known it was a Warbling Vireo singing if Merlin didn't identify the sound.

Grasshopper Warbler, in my own area. It's actually moved closer to my house from where I first found it, I can hear it from my garden! I've heard it almost every day for around two weeks now. Finger's crossed he finds a girlfriend.

Four lifers at the weekend in Corsica with Corsican Nuthatch, Corsican Finch, Mediterranean Flycatcher and the Catergory C California Quail. Various other species seen & some endemic subspecies including the impressive Corsican Common Crossbills.

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• ZD Corsican Nuthatch D - Copy.jpg
    ZD Corsican Nuthatch D - Copy.jpg
    890.7 KB · Views: 3
  • ABD.jpg
    ABD.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • AAC.jpg
    AAC.jpg
    649.1 KB · Views: 3
  • AAD.jpg
    AAD.jpg
    723.1 KB · Views: 3
  • AAB Citril Finch Gorges de la Restonica.jpg
    AAB Citril Finch Gorges de la Restonica.jpg
    575.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Mediterranean Flycatcher 001.jpg
    Mediterranean Flycatcher 001.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 3
  • ACA.jpg
    ACA.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • Corsican Crossbills 002.jpg
    Corsican Crossbills 002.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 3
Jealous...I tried for the Wisconsin Garganey but it was effectively a 2 day wonder.

I don't think there have ever been as many Garganeys recorded in a single year in recent memory as 2022.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back