• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your WORST identifiable photos (1 Viewer)

Yes, 3 is a snipe - and as it is in Tuscon, not Eurasia, I think it's actually IDable. The bat is from downtown Melbourne - here I am not sure if a reliable ID is possible in fact but we just know what species is in the colony.

Singapore, December last year. I'm fairly sure of the ID (through binoculars) but my snapshot, from a long way away, is distinctly poorer than what I saw through the binos. Anyone fancy having a go?

Possible hint: near the top of a 40-storey building.

DSC09979_01.jpg

Here you go.

Attachments

• Caucasian grouse.jpg
    Caucasian grouse.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Scarlet Ibis.jpg
    Scarlet Ibis.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 28
  • Sociable Lapwing.jpg
    Sociable Lapwing.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Eurasian Pygmy Owl.jpg
    Eurasian Pygmy Owl.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Belted KF.jpg
    Belted KF.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 26
  • W Cattle Egret.jpg
    W Cattle Egret.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 27
  • American Flamingo.jpg
    American Flamingo.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 27
This was a Loggerhead Shrike in Massachusetts last year. Wanted to upload something as it was a rarity for the area, despite it being barely discernible.

Attachments

• 2400.jpeg
    2400.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 20
fairly sure of the ID
So not a Blue-and-white or Zappy's Flycatcher.

Other blueish flycatchers in range are (from eBird) Siberian Blue Robin, Chinese Blue Flycatcher and Blue Rock Thrush. You seem to be hinting at the last option (although it's marked as rare).
Possible hint: near the top of a 40-storey building.

If it's not close, then I don't know--it's a very long shot anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back