• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

Your WORST identifiable photos (1 Viewer)

Xenospiza

Distracted
Supporter
Cozumel has a lot of bird variety and is a popular birding destination. I'd be surprised if nobody's made so much as a fold-out guide for it specifically.
And some guides do mention in their sale descriptions what regions they're for. Loads of guides online that say they're for part of the US, then in the description, say which states. Whether or not a guide has any mention of Cozumel endemics (particularly the subspecies, since there's only two extant endemic species) would be useful information to put in the sale description, since I'm sure some guides have left them out due to Cozumel being a separate landmass.
Do you know of a bird guide that, for birds like the Bananaquit and Yellow Warbler, mentions "this bird has a subspecies endemic to Cozumel"? Or one that explicitly contains Cozumel Vireo and Cozumel Emerald? I'm sure some guides do, and I'm curious which ones those are. That's all.
Peterson's guide for Mexico is old and bad. I have Howell and Webb, which is overkill for Cozumel, but has a special plate with island endemics.

Tired

United States
Peterson's guide for Mexico is old and bad. I have Howell and Webb, which is overkill for Cozumel, but has a special plate with island endemics.
Good to know, thank you! I've searched it up, and it looks really pretty. I might put that on my Christmas list. I'd like to go back to Mexico again, though maybe Cancun instead of Cozumel. I'd like to see more butterflies.

Users who are viewing this thread