• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your WORST identifiable photos (1 Viewer)

This is an amusing but terrible digiscoped shot of a Caspian Gull that a friend and I found years back, the first for Cork. I did get 'better' ones on the ground.

Attachments

• 1st-w Caspian Gull in flight Youghal.jpg
    1st-w Caspian Gull in flight Youghal.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 69
Not my home country and I haven't seen the species but is it a Ruby-crowned Kinglet?

John
It is indeed! There were two males in the area, rapidly hopping around and displaying at each other. Hence my difficulty in photographing him. I have some much nicer photos of him from before the other male arrived and got him all excited.

I thought my brother was a bit silly to have tried this shot (City of London, March 6th this year - large raptor shown off the premises by adult female peregrine and moving away NW) as the target had to have been over 1.2km away. But it's pretty amazing the reach modern superzooms have.

Ev0CmV4XIAEk-dg

I thought my brother was a bit silly to have tried this shot (City of London, March 6th this year - large raptor shown off the premises by adult female peregrine and moving away NW) as the target had to have been over 1.2km away. But it's pretty amazing the reach modern superzooms have.

Ev0CmV4XIAEk-dg
Presumably one of the IOW releases, but that's a White-tailed Eagle.

John

Here's the best shot I got of this particular bird on May 7th of this year. Not a rarity for southern Ontario, just a few days early in arriving.

IMG_3190.JPG

Great idea for a thread. I imagine this one will be fairly easy, but I submit it in the spirit that it is a truly awful image and it's the only one I've ever managed to get of this species.

Malcolm

Attachments

• Bird.jpg
    Bird.jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 86
I've got a few, and I'll push them out one at a time so there's no doubt about which we are talking about. In fact perhaps it would be a good thing if the congregation identifies each before I move on to the next. First up:

mystery (1).jpg

All the images are in Britain.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back