• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Yucatan, late April (1) (1 Viewer)

ugolino

Dear all,

Would love some help on these. All photgraphed in the Yucatan about a month ago.
Many thanks, Ugolino

Attachments

• Photo 1 MEX 0311.JPG
    Photo 1 MEX 0311.JPG
    548.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Photo 2 MEX 0401.JPG
    Photo 2 MEX 0401.JPG
    377 KB · Views: 33
  • Photo 3 MEX 0340.JPG
    Photo 3 MEX 0340.JPG
    393.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Photo 4 MEX 0297.JPG
    Photo 4 MEX 0297.JPG
    484.7 KB · Views: 28

ugolino

Neil,
These 4 photos were also taken on the North coast, between Merida and Cancun.
Thank you for your help. Ugolino

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
No 1 I think is the yellow form of Mangrove Vireo.
No 3 I think is Yellow-green, but if the dark edge of the crown is black and the yellow on the underside is reflections from leaves, then a Red-eyed Vireo which would be a migrant in that area.

Niels

Last edited:

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Photo 2 reminds me of a Pewee. I usually try to stay away from flycatchers when only on photos.

4 could easily be a yellow-olive flycatcher, but again, I am not great at those from photos.

A general comment: the straight line from Merida to Cancun will take you through mainly relatively wet forest or pastures. A few miles further north gets into a much dryer habitat.

Niels

ugolino

Thank you Niels,
I had yellow-green Vireo for photo 3 and yellow-olive Flycatcher for photo 4, so you confirm my initial thoughts.
Photo 1 is still puzzling me: you suggest Mangrove Vireo, but I do not see the wing bars....
Too bad for photo 2...as these small flycatchers are so tough...
Best, ugolino

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread