• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Yucatan, mid April (2) (1 Viewer)

ugolino

And another post asking for help....
Agan, all seen and photographed in the Yucatan about a month ago.
Last two photos are of the same bird.
Thank you, Thank you !!!
Ugolino

Attachments

• Photo 5 Oriole MEX 0280.JPG
    Photo 5 Oriole MEX 0280.JPG
    422.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Photo 6  MEX 0754.JPG
    Photo 6 MEX 0754.JPG
    655.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Photo 7 MEX 1068.JPG
    Photo 7 MEX 1068.JPG
    601.3 KB · Views: 47

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Yucatan is more diverse than you might realize. Therefore, until I get to my books: where in the area were you?

Niels

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
I think Orange Oriole is the best fit for that image. Its not perfect, but bill leads me that way. I will pass on the flycatcher.

Niels

Birdingcraft

Least Flycatcher for the Empid- major eye ring on grayish head and short primary projections. I'm going with juv. Hooded for the oriole instead of juv. Orange because of the lack of black on the throat and face.

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
I actually think I see black on the throat. Still looking at it again, I think you are right with the Hooded.

Niels

ugolino

Thank you again !
PS: tough for the Oriole reversal, as it means that I have then not managed to take a proper shot of the Orange O.....
Ugolino...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread