• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss conquest HD 8x42 (1 Viewer)

SCPALAS

I have Nikon Monarch5 8x42 and 10x42. I have an opportunity to buy Zeiss Conquest HD 8x42 . Did anybody has experience with those binoculars I Need recomendation.
Thanks in advance :t:

No answer received yet ...

Hello SCPALS,

The Conquest 8x42 are very good binoculars, certainly in a class above the Monarch 5, the field of view is simply not that large (128 / 1000m) for an 8x42, the focus is excellent, the Conquest are optically not that far from the Zeiss FL removed. I think the Conquest 8x32 is something the better glass.

Andreas

I think the real question is where is what is your "opportunity"?

If that means you're buying it brand new at normal retail price, we should discuss what other options are available as similarly priced alternatives.

If it means you're getting them for a super low price (used, sale, demo, etc), and you normally couldn't afford to buy binoculars this good, that's a different situation.

But either way, the Conquest HD is a clear step up from the Monarch 5. If you're getting it for well below normal price then it would be a very good value.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back