• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Zeiss FL objective covers (1 Viewer)

LucaPCP

Supporter
It seems the Zeiss FL 8x32 use the same style objective covers as the Conquest HD, and those covers provide a very poor fit (at least mines; they do not fit properly and do not stay on).

If you have Zeiss FL, are you satisfied with the covers?

Pinewood

New York correspondent
United States
It seems the Zeiss FL 8x32 use the same style objective covers as the Conquest HD, and those covers provide a very poor fit (at least mines; they do not fit properly and do not stay on).

If you have Zeiss FL, are you satisfied with the covers?

Hello Luca,

I have had no problems with my objective covers. However, I bought my FL 8x32, at least fifteen years, ago. Newer might have different covers.

Stay safe,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

Last edited:

[email protected]

Supporter

garymh

Binocular Engineer
Hi,

Unless Zeiss have changed their accessories lately the 32 FL was supplied with objective caps like this which are a perfect fit.

These are still available from Zeiss.

Gary

Attachments

• OG cap.JPG
    OG cap.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 12

LucaPCP

Supporter
Never had a problem with mine on, also a 8 x 32.

Yes I mis-wrote: I meant to say that the 8x32 SF (not FL) objective covers are of a style that does not seem to me to work very well, from the experience I have with my Conquest.

Users who are viewing this thread