• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss service current lead time? (1 Viewer)

Gzoladz74

Morning!

Last weekend I sent both of my Victory binoculars to get serviced (8x42sf and 8x25). I know it will take some time but I really missing them. I am currently using an opticron, which is a very good value pair and it was my first binocs for birding, but when you have used alphas for so many years, it is hard to go back.

Does anyone have an indication of the time it is currently taking to have the binocs serviced?

I case it helps, they were sent from Ireland via one of the local retailers.

Thanks
GZ

I received by 8x25 yesterday. They replaced them on warranty for a new pair. I hope I am luckier with this pair as the first one had an issue with the dioptre and the second one with the hinge.
It took about 6/7 weeks, but I am aware that there were some teething issues with the post when they were sent to Zeiss.
Re my 8x42s, in early August I was quoted EUR 511 for a long list of things that it needs to get done. I only sent them to have the armour replaced and have it cleaned but it looks like they will also replace some other components...a lot of money, I trust/hope it will be worth it.
Estimated delivery time is mid September, what would be 2.5 months since I sent them. If I exclude the unexpected issue with the post, it would be 2 months, which is what I was estimated.
Delighted to have my 8x25s back, more to follow.

Don't the German optics companies have a lengthy summer holiday shutdown period, 3 or 4 weeks? However, good news your compacts were replaced f.o.c.

Last week I picked up my 8x42s. The really look as good as new...cleaned, armour replaced, front lens element, fixed, etc, etc.
In total it took 2.5 months, what is what was estimated (in reality the estimation was 2 months, but there were some issues with the post when they were sent.
Costly, but very happy with the work done, and with Zeiss replacing foc my 8x25s (what was expected, but you never know....)

Please to have them back.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back