• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss service (1 Viewer)

dwatsonbirder

I wondered if anybody would be able to help with the contact details for Zeiss service department please? I've sent 2 emails (mid December, and a second last week) to "[email protected]" which I obtained from the official Zeiss customer care email, but have yet to have a reply.

I would like to send my newly acquired FL's in for a service before the new field season starts, and wondered if anybody could assist, or alternatively give me an idea of the cost of a service please.

Thanks in advance.

I wondered if anybody would be able to help with the contact details for Zeiss service department please? I've sent 2 emails (mid December, and a second last week) to "[email protected]" which I obtained from the official Zeiss customer care email, but have yet to have a reply.

I would like to send my newly acquired FL's in for a service before the new field season starts, and wondered if anybody could assist, or alternatively give me an idea of the cost of a service please.

Thanks in advance.
hi Daniel try east coast binocular repairs in Norfolk seem to be zeiss main agents. Gary always helpful, quick service and reasonable prices. Ryan

East Coast Binocular Repairs are indeed the official repair centre for Zeiss sports optics.

Email: [email protected]

The owner, Gary Hawkins, has worked for years at Zeiss and Leica and is plugged into the Zeiss network.

Lee

Thanks both, perhaps the supplied email address is no longer in use in that case. Zeiss did mention it was carried out by ECBR, and I have used them previously and experienced excellent service, so found it odd that I'd had no reply since December. I will try to contact Gary using the other email address as suggested. Cheers.

Spoke with Gary last week, as usual excellent service and new SF eyecups arrived pronto. There is another email starting with zeissservice, I will dig it out

Pat

It is [email protected] Lee et al

Last edited:
Thanks Pat, my earlier post contained a typo, as that is the address I have been attempting to use. I'll try Gary on the alternative.

Hi Daniel......I'm having a similar problem regarding 'no reply' from Germany and am sure I can't be the only one.

The eye cup extender on my (6 week old) Conquest had a crack in it & came away so I contacted Zeiss Germany & had an automated reply to send them in to them at my cost for repair, which I did. I then had an e.mail from Zeiss UK advising me to send them to Gary. TOO LATE ....already sent....and now even though they were a signed proof delivery, I can't get any replies from Zeiss Germany. I have contacted Zeiss Cambridge who were pretty lack lustre with their help and am now just left waiting to see what happens next.

It appears that Germany don't speak to UK much!

So much for 'customer care'.

Regards......Ian

Hi Ian, sorry to hear of your bad luck. Gary has been very responsive and offered to take a look at my bins - unfortunately I've been so busy with surveys that I've not had chance to send them off yet.
I didn't receive a reply from Zeiss in the end, however to my surprise I received a replacement neck strap in the post yesterday - free of charge. Hopefully you will hear something soon, or perhaps your bins will be returned "as new" in a few weeks.

Hi Daniel

A fellow birder has very kindly stepped in to help.

No doubt you're right though .....they'll turn up sooner or later.

Regards.....Ian

Hi Ian,

It looks like your binocular is currently working its way through the system in the workshop in Germany.

If this happens again give me a shout and I will get some new eyecups in the post to you.

They simply screw on and it takes literally a few seconds to change them.

Saves a lot of time and postage charges ;)

Gary

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back