• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

zeiss sfl 40 8x40 (1 Viewer)

I want to purchase a new pair of binoculars and have narrowed my choices down to 4: zeiss sfl 40 8x40, meopla meopro hd plus 10x40, vortex razor hd and leica trinovid.They seem to have all good reviews, but any suggestions would be appreciated.Thank you

The SFL 8x40 is an amazing Bino. The Colours, the Brightness, and 140m with 60 degrees is good. The Handling, the Foccus, all fo me perfekt. At the moment i test the SF 8x32, is also very fine, wieder Field, more impressive, had an extreme good Handling! Very light! But only 4mm EP. The Colours in some lightning Condition is on the SF more straight. But overall I Prefere the Colours of the SFL. Is more Shiny. The SFL for me is at the Moment the most Allround Bino!

I would imagine that your budget will get the Meopta Meostars HD Plus, not the Meopro, if you are looking at SFL's.
If so, ignore the Meostars at your peril.... they are superb binoculars and well worth a look!!
I would also check out the Leica Ultravids

I’d second a look at Ultrvids , if your in the SFL price range. I’d also take a good look at the Swarovski 8.5x or 10x EL’s. You’ll never look back if you choose the Swaros or Ultravids.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Paul

I upgraded to SFL 8x40 from the Trinovid 10x42 and the SFL is superior in every aspect. The difference in the quality of the image is not trivial, it's a large and immediately noticeable difference. The view through these binoculars is truly addictive. The difference in ergonomics and handling is more pronounced still, and the SFL 8x40 is nothing short of heroic when it comes to one-handed performance. Read the best review of them you can find and base your expectations around that. I find they are even better than the best review suggested they would be. I have never been happier with a binocular purchase.

I upgraded to SFL 8x40 from the Trinovid 10x42 and the SFL is superior in every aspect. The difference in the quality of the image is not trivial, it's a large and immediately noticeable difference. The view through these binoculars is truly addictive. The difference in ergonomics and handling is more pronounced still, and the SFL 8x40 is nothing short of heroic when it comes to one-handed performance. Read the best review of them you can find and base your expectations around that. I find they are even better than the best review suggested they would be. I have never been happier with a binocular purchase.
So we should only base our expectations on good reviews. Does that mean nobody should base their expectations from reviews that are not the best? :ROFLMAO: ✌️. Sorry couldn't resist.🙏

Welcome to bird forum.

Paul

I read reviews on all sorts of binoculars with great interest but it seems that the binocular that best fits me may not be a good fit for someone else. And I've looked through binoculars whose owner raves about them only to think "ah, so so."
Try before you buy or buy from dealers with a good return policy :)

I read reviews on all sorts of binoculars with great interest but it seems that the binocular that best fits me may not be a good fit for someone else. And I've looked through binoculars whose owner raves about them only to think "ah, so so."
Try before you buy or buy from dealers with a good return policy :)
Rock solid advice (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back